CCleaner???

Hi,

For the longest time, I've had CCleaner free version installed on my computer. IMHO, it's the best tool to clean cookies and cache.

This morning, it tells me that an update is available. The problem I am now faced with is, it doesn't seem to do as much (free version) as the previous ones.

My question is: Will the PRO or PRO+ (paid) version of Piriform CCleaner, interfere in ANY way with the proper Bitdefender TS 2017, functions.

I have Win7, Home Premium, x64 bits.

I will wait for a reply before I go ahead with this. Bitdefender is working fine for me, I don't want to mess it up in any way.

Comments

• Hello,

I believe the Pro version has a agent that scans the machine for changes, that should be disabled.

Other than that there shouldn't be any issues.

• I use CCleaner Pro (licensed) and BitDefender TS 2017.

There is no conflict, they work perfectly together!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

7 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

I believe the Pro version has a agent that scans the machine for changes, that should be disabled.

Other than that there shouldn't be any issues.

6 hours ago, Matei M. said:

I use CCleaner Pro (licensed) and BitDefender TS 2017.

There is no conflict, they work perfectly together!

Thank you both for your swift replies. I went ahead and bought the promotional CCleaner Pro+. It has a few more items than the Pro, for almost the same price.

The Pro+ has that "agent", as mentioned by Sorin G, and I may have to disable it's function...I'll see.

It's a heavier program than I expected, I'll need to get familiar with it.

Thank you again 

• Hello! I really liked your story. Thank you!

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017

Don't intend to throw an old rusty pipe wrench in the gears of a well oiled machine BUT, between BD Optimiser and the free CCleaner, I don't see the need for the paid CCleaner version. I won't be renewing my subscription when it expires.