Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2017 highjack issues

Options

Hello- 

As this is my first post to the forum, please forgive my lack of protocol.  It appears that my security suite keeps getting altered. Or I could be paranoid, either way, something seems off.  I have been having issues with my system for months.  I have reinstalled my OS so many times it's ridiculous.  I believe I have a nasty rootkit buried in the registry. I have formatted the drive and upgraded many times, each time, the problem returns.  I have used the rescue cd to no avail.  This last time, I installed win7 clean, then bd 2017. Things work well for a while, always getting system clean. Then I will get greyed out or simply non functioning.  I ran aswMBR which gave me a yellow code  service bdfwfpf c:\program files\common files\bitdefender\bitdefender firewall\bdfwfpf.sys **LOCKED** 5. Not sure what that means if anything at all.  Also keep getting a pop up about elevation something or another.  Can anyone please advise me on how I should proceed.

Thank You

Heath

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Bdfwfpf is part of Bitdefender, you will not be able to alter/access that driver as it is protected by the product and it is a safe file.

I would advise contacting our support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and providing them with all the details (a screenshot of any errors would greatly assist).

• I appreciate your taking time to reply.  I'm not exactly sure what is happening. I can post a few screen shots to see if that helps. 

This is the sshot of the aswmbr scan. Comodo cleaning essentials detected a threat mbr@0. I can only assume the infection is loading before the boot. Yet Bitdefender finds nothing.

IMG_0386.JPG

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

As previously mentioned, best course of action is to contact our support team.

Also provide them the logs from the Bitdefender Sys Log.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/total-security/-490.html

Please note that having more than one security solution on a machine can lead to conflicts.