Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Memory usage - what is normal?

Options
reminds
edited November 2016 in General

Are there any known memory leak issues? I installed BitDefender AV 2017 on a brand-new PC. Hardly any other software is installed.

After running the PC for over 48 hours, BitDefender (vserve.exe) is now up to 388MB.

I have been using WebRoot on prior PCs and am used to low resource usage. I realize BD works differently with local scans, but is it really supposed to use this much RAM when idle?

Edit: rebooted after vserve.exe hit 400MB. After reboot, it is at 150MB. Will post again with an update.

Tagged:

Comments

• Could anyone please post what their memory usage is for BitDefender 2017? Just trying to get a benchmark.

Thanks!

• ozziebear
    Options

Hi...Mine is usually in the 195MB range which is about where BD says it should be. There was an issue with high memory usage about a year ago but updates seem to have solved the problem.  Try sending them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com to see if they can help you with your concerns.