Constant scanning SD-card on startup

Hi,

Since my micro SD card is always inserted into my laptop, every time upon reboot Bitdefender detects it as a new device and commences scanning.

Adding it to exclusions did not help so I had to disable USB device autoscan. This wasn't a problem in the 2016 version where only usb devices would be scanned, is there a way to get around this without turning off the USB autoscan? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,

The problem is even worse on my Lenovo W550s. With higher size memories (64 GB or > 16 GB) on the SD cards and/or USB 3 Flash drive, the  scanning process of lots of content or a multi-Gig encrypted container file is slowing the boot process to a halt. Usually the SSD disk boot is max. 30 seconds, with the SD-card or USB 3 drive attached the process takes 5 minutes or so even on a I7-Quad-core. Please give an option to delay the scan until content is accessed or if the PC is somewhat idle. The quick access to start work on a PC is a must - later there is always performance available to scan. Thank you to consider.

• Hello,

Please set your "Scan USB devices" to Disabled and let me know if the issue still persists.

You can find the option in Bitdefender > Protection > View Modules > Antivirus > Drives and devices

• This information is outdated for BitDefender as of 04/27/21 - can anyone help?

I have an SD card with prints for my 3D Printer, and after copying to it I can't eject because BitDefender is scanning.

Ditto with my camera's SD card.

Is there some way to not have to "rush" to click the popup, then click [stop], click [yes], click [close]...

Thank you very much!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.