Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How does BD protect against boot time rootkits?

Like the title says: it appears that BD loads after a significant part of Windows gets loaded.

How does it defend (in normal mode of operations, not booting off some rescue disk ...) against rootkits that load before the OS?

Aloke

Comments

• What you see is just Bitdefender's Tray program, which is delayed start. The framework starts before most programs.

• Sure.  But some malware (bootkits like Nemesis) do load before OS.

How does BD handle those?

• Hello,

Bitdefender is able to protect against such malware.

The product is also able to detect changes in the system leading to the install of a bootkit, stop it and remove it.

• I have bitdefender internet security 2017 installed and i just had this problem.

I had the Super PC cleaner adware that re-installs itself every time it boot_s.

not only did BD not even recognise the problem after multiple scans - i had to download 3 other anti-virus programs just to get rid of it.

this isnt exactly some brand spanking new virus its over a year old.. whats the deal?