Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD2017 FW blocks IPv6 traffic unless network set to trusted

Options

I just upgraded BD2016 to BD2017 for my computers at home.  I have 8 computers on my family account.  The BD2017 firewall blocks IPv6 traffic on my windows 10 machines, even when ICMPv6 and ICMP are enabled in the firewall.  The only somewhat reliable way to get IPv6 working on my Windows 10 machines with BD2017 is to set the network as Trusted, and it will change back to home/office sometimes when I roam between APs at home.

Is there anyway to fix this to work properly?  It is causing disruptions with Outlook.com, Edge browser, Chrome, ping to IPv6 sites just to name a few.  My home network relies heavily on IPv6 and this is causing the machines connected to the LAN to go haywire!

Tagged:

Comments

• Maki711
    Options

I am not really sure about this, why don't try to reset rules in firewall settings. Maybe it will solve your problem.

Maki

• The firewall rules are already at their default settings, with ICMPv6 and ICMP enabled.

Resetting the firewalls to default still results in IPv6 working only when network is set to Trusted.

• socalrailroader
    edited March 2017
    Options

On 12/27/2016 at 7:39 PM, mlaihk said:

The firewall rules are already at their default settings, with ICMPv6 and ICMP enabled.

Resetting the firewalls to default still results in IPv6 working only when network is set to Trusted.

I just installed BD2017 (Family Pack) on my machines last week, and have been having the SAME exact issue, I have been wracking my brain, resetting things, checking adapters, looking as deep into the system as I can, etc, I even thought maybe it was my router (TP-Link AC3150) and was about to buy another one today, but WOW, thank you so much, that fixed it for me! You saved me an unnecessary $200 purchase as well. I hope BD addresses this in an update, have you let them know about this?

Edit-I think I will still get a new router today, the Linksys WRT3200ACM, I am VERY upset with TP-Link, this router has issues, especially with 5 Ghz, but the support is horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE, just check out their support forums, it's a joke, and TP-Link hasn't released a FW update for the Archer C3150 since last July!  Then late last year, they put out a V2 of the router, and have basically left V1 for dead. Linksys certainly isn't perfect, but they are far better, and they're a US based company, plus the WRT Routers have always been awesome, and served me well. 

• predatorz
    edited March 2017
    Options

Same problem as thread starter.

Only affect ICMPv6 traffic although ICMPv6 rule is set to allowed.

Workaround is to put to network adapter as "trusted network" as mentioned by thread starter.