file vault already opened

Hi,

When I try to open a file vault I receive the message: "file vault already opened".

I tried unlocking the file and it stays locked. Restarting the machine and unlocking the file did not fix the issue.

Creating another file vault worked.

The file vault is on a "subst" drive. It can not be used from it's actual location, nor from the virtual location.

Please help me unlock it.

Thank you!

Comments

• I got the exact same problem - any solution?

• Hello,

Please contact our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com with the logs from the Bitdefender Support Tool attached.

Please also inform the team about the version of the product used to create the vault initially.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

• maxx
    edited August 2017

After having this happen to me and trying to find a fix for hours finally i tried making a copy of my vault file and pasting into same directory on same drive then try to open it.

Worked like a champ got files back made new vault not sure why it does this every so often but i know the fix works. so if original file was mine.bvd on drive e: i would right click

copy then goto drive e: and right click paste mine - Copy.bvd then unlock that should now work get files and delete old vault make another. Just figured i would share i had

some important stuff on mine not sure what caused it but happens since 2015 not sure why. Win 10 64

• the trick maxx described worked for me also