Iternet Speed / 300meg connection

Question,  I just ordered the Box,  but looking at the faq it states the following about slowing your Internet speed: 

Will the BOX slow my internet connection speed?

BOX has no perceivable impact on your network as long as your Internet speed does not exceed 100 Mbps.

What does this mean? . I have a 300meg connection and usually get around 350 to 370 megs down.. Should I cancel my order?  Is this going to interfere with my speed since my connection is greater than 100 megs? 

Thanks for any help. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hello,

BOX is equipped with two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports which means that in most cases the network throughput is limited to 100 Mbps.  

The latest BOX firmware has been optimized so that the download speed is no longer limited by our hardware if the BOX is set up as a network companion device, connected to a router. In this scenario, the download speed should reach the same values as before installing the BOX in your network. On the other hand, the upload speed can only go up to 100 Mbps due to the hardware limitations on the BOX. 

The download speed has only been optimized for one type of setup: when the BOX is set up as a network companion device. Unfortunately, BOX units that are configured with an Apple Airport or are configured as standalone routers will still have the throughput limited to up to 100 Mbps due to hardware limitations.

• So, if I continue to use my 

ASUS RT-AC88U

as the router and just plug the Bitdefender box into a port I will be good??? 

If thats the case then it should be good to go.

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Yes, if you install BOX as a network companion onto that router, the impact on the download speed should be low to none. To install it this way, please follow the steps from this article:

https://www.bitdefender.com/box/setup/i-have-a-router/

• hello!

I want to know where i can connect my box to set it up as network companion to get my full 200 mbps speed

I have multiple dhcp servers.

MY SETUP

ISP - MODEM(fiber) - NETGATE (pfsense) - LINKSYS SWITCH - LINKSYS WRT 3200 - ALL MY DEVICES

- LINKSYS WRT SWITCH - ALL MY DEVICES

- LINKSYS WRT SWITCH - ALL MY DEVICES

-LINKSYS VELOP - ALL MY DEVICES

Please help

Thanks in advance :)

• Hello, Ramen Wayne :). I think since the Bitdefender Box works by replacing your gateway on your gateway I would look for an open port if any on the Netgate. Then go into the settings and see if you can disable the DHCP settings OR the other answer could be the LINKSYS WRT 3200.  I think again you need it to be your gateway here and your DHCP server. I also would take advantage of calling Bitdefender for their expert advice Wayne. 

Good Luck

• 17 hours ago, Medic427 said:

Hello, Ramen Wayne :). I think since the Bitdefender Box works by replacing your gateway on your gateway I would look for an open port if any on the Netgate. Then go into the settings and see if you can disable the DHCP settings OR the other answer could be the LINKSYS WRT 3200.  I think again you need it to be your gateway here and your DHCP server. I also would take advantage of calling Bitdefender for their expert advice Wayne. 

Good Luck

Thanks !