Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

IIS Web Server Firewall Rule?

Options

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is a straightforward thing to answer.  I've configured IIS on my machine for purposes of developing a web app.  I can now view the app using localhost in the browser, but I can't seem to create a firewall rule to allow incoming HTTP requests.

Other people have asked this for prior versions of Bitdefender, but I can't find the solution for 2017.  Under "Add Rule", I try to enter "System" for program path, and for custom local IP's and remote IP's, leave those blank and simply enter 80, allow traffic in both directions, any protocol.  Then I get a "Firewall Error: Failed to communicate with the Bitdefender Security Service!" and yes, I've tried a repair on the installation (so I'm guessing the service doesn't like what I'm passing it for parameters).

Things work fine if I disable the firewall, then quit when I reenable it, so the rest of my work seems to be okay.

Related posts:

/index.php?/topic/56187-allowing-iis-in-firewall/&do=embed">

Thanks in advance,

--Rob

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hello,

Please go to the Bitdefender Firewall > Rules and check the Show General Rules box in the lower left side.

Afterwards set the HTTP/FTP options to Allow.

Also please ensure that the physical adapter is set as Home/Office and any virtualized adapters to Trusted.