Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender slows my computers.

Options
Fenderman1
edited February 2017 in General

Bitdefender really needs to work on the way it slows computers down. Compared to Kaspersky, it is a big drag on my computers.

Both have SSDS, plenty of ram, and I have followed all suggestions by Bitdefender to speed things up.

Despite what Bitdefender may say, you are NOT light on systems.

Comments

• On 28/02/2017 at 3:15 PM, Fenderman1 said:

Bitdefender really needs to work on the way it slows computers down. Compared to Kaspersky, it is a big drag on my computers.

Both have SSDS, plenty of ram, and I have followed all suggestions by Bitdefender to speed things up.

Despite what Bitdefender may say, you are NOT light on systems.

Edit to above. I previously had Kaspersky on my computers, and uninstalled via that program's uninstall feature.

Bitdefender installed ok without complaint, however computer response in all areas was slow.

I then downloaded Kaspersky's KAVREmoval tool, which obviously cleaned out all remaining fragments of the program.

I then rebooted and did a clean install of Total Security, and am glad to report that things are now much more responsive, evn the slow shut down has gone !

Therefore, I suggest anyone who is experiencing slowdowns with Bitdefender that you make sure you use your previous AV's dedicated removal tool.

It really is best practice.