Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Excessive Resource Usage

Options

I replaced Kaspersky with Bitdefender Total 2017 yesterday as my Kaspersky licence will soon need renewing. I thought I'd try Bitdefender as it gets such good reviews. As soon as I rebooted my resource usage had doubled! From 7% while using Kaspersky to 14% with Bitdefender! My PC has 32GB of RAM so this isn't a case of slowing it down. But why does Bitdefender need twice the amount of resources? For someone with a low resource PC this would be an issue.

When I uninstalled Bitdefender and rebooted there was something called Bitdefender Agent still installed and running! So much for a clean uninstall! This kind of shabby dirty uninstall is not what you would expect from a professional company. I had to manually remove this "service" that should have been removed automatically.

Thankfully this was just a 30 day trial so I immediately removed Bitdefender and will pay my money to Kaspersky. It doesn't use excessive system resources and uninstalls very cleanly.