Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

False Positive Reported

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the last version update a few days ago, I am getting repeated "Phishing" warnings for the URL listed below.

https://b.company-target.com/etc.html

VirusTotal reports that even Bitdefender is reporting that URL as clean.  I have filled out a False Positive report and submitted it.

Submitted for action and for the information of other BDTS2017 users who might be encountering similar phishing warnings.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Thanks for the report.

I see that the URL is not flagged by our cloud engines.

If it was a FP you should no longer receive the warnings.

• garioch7
    Options

Thank you, Sorin G.  I have not received any today, so far.  But now, unfortunately, I will have to wait 30 days for those 142 Web Protection FP detections to disappear.  It would be really nice if the user could clear those notifications.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• daman1
    edited March 2017
    Options

It was a FP,  I too submitted this an hour ago through a email ticket.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

There is a feature request already sent to add the ability to reset that counter.

Thank you both of you for your reports.

• garioch7
    Options

Sorin G.

The false positive is still being reported.  I have traced it to the site: https://forums.malwarebytes.com, which I visit every day, and should be secure!

Every time I open and read a topic that is posted there, I get a FP that a phishing attempt was detected and blocked.  My count is now 218 such attempts blocked.  The attached screenshot is from yesterday afternoon, but I had multiple false postives just now.

I hope that you get this fixed soon.  It is a bit annoying, to say the least.

Regards,

-Phil

bdts-fp.PNG

• daman1
    edited March 2017
    Options

Confirmed garioch the FP is still happening, I just noticed it coming from MBAM site.

Strange, visiting the MBAM site on a android mobile with BD real time web shield on I get no phishing block notices.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

We are currently looking into the matter.

Can you please provide us with a BDsys log at bitsy@bitdefender.com as our cloud has no detection on that URL

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/total-security/-490.html

After you send the log please provide me with the ticket number generated.

• SAH
    Options

Hi Sorin,

Sorry to add to your woes today but have been getting the same FP for that site as well. I have mentioned it in another post regarding the BD update causing the firewall adapter to be go missing and blocking printing/scanning access. Doubt if the two are related. Have duly already summit the log via BDs system Contact support app. See attached screen capture. 

58c851b9454fa_bitdefenderphishing.PNG.c8614353a77d01b7a43ca6fa1ab0c0bf.PNG

• daman1
    Options

Log attached to my BD support center email and sent(correctly I hope)

Ticket: 2017031418190001

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I can confirm that we have received the logs and they have been forwarded to our labs.

Thank you.

• garioch7
    Options

Sorin G.:

Do you still require Support Tool logs from me?  In light of my new post in the "General" Forum, /index.php?/topic/75393-strange-files-in-system32-folder/" rel="">here, I am somewhat reluctant to further clutter up my System32 folder, until I find out what is happening and why those files, which appear to be being created by Bitdefender, but not removed when it completes whatever it is doing.

I have concerns about any programs adding unknown files to that folder, in particular.

Regards,

-Phil

• daman1
    Options

27 minutes ago, garioch7 said:

Sorin G.:

Do you still require Support Tool logs from me?  In light of my new post in the "General" Forum, /index.php?/topic/75393-strange-files-in-system32-folder/" rel="">here, I am somewhat reluctant to further clutter up my System32 folder, until I find out what is happening and why those files, which appear to be being created by Bitdefender, but not removed when it completes whatever it is doing.

I have concerns about any programs adding unknown files to that folder, in particular.

Regards,

-Phil

I would say It looks like there all set Phil.

• daman1
    Options

1 hour ago, garioch7 said:

Sorin G.:

Regards,

-Phil

I'm noticing extra files also!

Support... is there a clean tool to get these files OFF my pc?? I will no longer submit logs if this is the case.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

A fix has been deployed for the reported issue with the phishing reports.

Please let me know if the issue still persists on your machines.

• garioch7
    Options

Sorin G.:

It just so happens that I was on the Malwarebytes Forum about 30 minutes ago and I got no reported Phishing detections whatsoever, and I was continually checking.

I think that your techs fixed that issue with their latest release.

Please thank them for me.  I would rather have a few FPs than have something nasty get through BD defences.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil