Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BTS17: how to finetune firewall-->log missing

Options

Hi,

I'm experiencing troubles with a newly installed Brother scanner. The network communication is blocked by the bitdefender firewall (everything works fine after turning off).

As I do not know which ports and protocols are used for that scanner I just would like to check the firewall log and open up the blocked traffic.

I did not find any useful information in the Programs\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfirewall.txt. That file ist three weeks old!

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Jakob
    Options

Ahoi!

Normally you would set your network connection to a trusted network type in the firewall network adapter settings. This should do the trick, maybee you will have to set an exception for the scanner on the network adapter.

This SHOULD be the solution, but because of a currently not fixed BUG discussed here:

/index.php?/topic/75316-sent2devel-bitdefender-total-security-2017-firewall-adapters-missing/&do=embed">

you cant.

There are some workarounds, that dont really fix the problem or advise you to disable the Bitdefender Firewall, but no solution yet. Currently a lot of people are waiting on a release which fixes the BUG. Bitdefender seems to be working on it, but details on the issue by Bitdefender are rare and communication is slow (a lot of unhappy people in the thread).