Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

TS17 - Problems with Domain/location awareness

Options

I have a home network running a Windows Domain that I use for testing/study purposes. This run server 2012 R2 and my Win 10 x64 laptop connects to it.

For the most part everything works fine. Laptop logs on, gets an IP address/DNS, can access shares on the servers and get out to the Internet without any issue.

However, several times now I find myself unable to connect to network drives/shares and the reason for this is always that Windows network sees the connection as "private network (unauthenticated)" and the only fix I've found is to repair Bitdefender which during that process, resets the connection as the Domain it actually is.

I've configured Bitdefender so that my home WiFi is seen as such, and I've set the Adapter (under Firewall) as Stealth-Off, Generic-On but the problem reoccurs not only on this machine (which is new) but several others I've previously had.

Appreciate any suggestions!

Comments

• .. after a bit more experimenting today it seems related to the "missing adapters" issue already reported on this forum. When I disable the BD Firewall and disconnect/reconnect Wireless everything works again......