Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Struggle to get BDIS to be in control, not Windows Defender/Firewall.

Options
leighton@mail.com
edited March 2017 in General

I know that a user should have only one firewall and one antivirus active at one time. The problem is that when you install a new version of Windows, both firewalls and both antivirus products are vying for control of the system. I’m on the “Windows Insider Slow Ring”, so there are frequent updates to the OS.

Every time it updates, I go through this battle to set BDIS to be in control. Windows gives you a dialog that says that BDIS is turned OFF and Windows Firewall/Antivirus is SNOOZED. If you click on BDIS, you get grayed-out options shown at the bottom of the dialog box. If you click on the Windows Firewall/Antivirus, it’s more than happy to allow you to turn it on. Windows is willing to allow you to use their product, to the exclusion of other products.

It had occurred to me to re-install BDIS, but I have to go through all of the setup steps all over again because you don’t have a way (that I know of) to capture my settings to a file for easy recovery.

Please, tell me there is an easy way to get BDIS to be in control. I have to go through dozens of reboots to finally get Windows to relent and allow BDIS to protect me.

Comments

• leighton@mail.com
    edited March 2017
    Options

Although this is a problem relating to a pre-release version of the OS, The problem of gaining control and forcing the OS to accept BDIS as the desired protection goes back to Windows 7. Any time you reinstall BDIS, the OS wants you to use the Microsoft product rather than third-party software.

I realize you don't support pre-release versions of the OS, but, FYI, the existing version of BDIS works with the pre-release OS (Windows Build 15058.rs2_release.170310-1436).

The question still remains, is there a way fo make BDIS more assertive in installing itself as the user's preferred choice of protection?