Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender & Malwarebytes (free) compatibility

Options

Hello!

I just bought Bitdefender 2017 Antivirus Plus license. My question is, is it fine to run alongside free version of Malwarebytes software? As far as I know, it (Malwarebytes) is not an active antivirus in the free version, I would just prefer to have it for occasional doubling on important drives scans. Sorry if this was explained is some kind of FAQ, I couldn't find any confirmed info on that. 

I'd be grateful for an answer if someone knows if this works or if there are any tidbits to know about when having these two (order of install, needed configuration etc). Cheers!

Comments

• Math_Matei
    Options

I do not recommend installing Malwarebytes (which is an antimalware like Bitdefender), unless you install the free version without real-time protection, so you can use it for on-demand scans.

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• daman1
    Options

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, dzikakulka said:

Hello!

I just bought Bitdefender 2017 Antivirus Plus license. My question is, is it fine to run alongside free version of Malwarebytes software? As far as I know, it (Malwarebytes) is not an active antivirus in the free version, I would just prefer to have it for occasional doubling on important drives scans. Sorry if this was explained is some kind of FAQ, I couldn't find any confirmed info on that. 

I'd be grateful for an answer if someone knows if this works or if there are any tidbits to know about when having these two (order of install, needed configuration etc). Cheers!

Yes,

You can use MBAM FREE along side BD with out issue, I'm using MBAM Premium(With Real time protection On)with BDAVP for many years now they coexist fine with each other.