Anyway to totally shut down Bitdefender 2017?

I'm a gamer and sometimes use game "trainers" and such stuff.  These inject code so get flagged as a virus by most security software.  That can usually be handled by making exceptions.   A few days ago I started using one of these items and it's totally not compatible with Bitdefender 2017.  I shut down all modules, make exceptions for everything I could think of, and still it blocks the trainer from loading showing an "active threat control" message, again with everything I can find turned off.   The only way I've made it work is by booting into Win10 safe mode, running msconfig and unchecking all Bitdefender items then rebooting into normal mode.  Bitdefender is now grayed out and the trainer runs OK.   But this is a big nuisance.  I'm wondering if there's any other way to turn off all protection when I need to run something that's I'm sure is safe but isn't allowed by active threat control.  

Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

Disabling the modules is the way to disable Bitdefender. There is a feature request to add a button to facilitate this.

Also ensure you disable the AMSI from Settings as well and reboot the machine for it to take effect.