Firewall Off

Hello,

Every now and then Windows advises that both Windows and BitDefender firewalls are turned off. ( I have never turned BitDefender firewall off ) In an effort to turn BitDefender firewall on I have to select it several times and reboot my system. Is this a BitDefender issue or Microsoft attempting to force their poor firewall on me. Is their a way to prevent Windows or anyone else from turning BitDefender firewall off.

Hitbit

Comments

• Hello,

What Windows build and what Bitdefender build are you running on that machine ?

• Hi ! default_happy.png about 2 months ago I got the same issue regarding about this concern .. I am currently using a windows 10 computer as of now and using the current version, but the thing is that I forgot how it has been resolved by itself. Somehow my computer got a general update and after that it shows that notification again on my screen and suddenly until now the pop-up does not appear anymore? Is the issue has been resolved somehow after the update? 

• Hi Sorin & Firdovsi

BitDefender Total Security 2017 Build 21.0.25.92

Windows 10 Home ( Multiprocessor Free ) 1703 ( Build 15063 )

Hitbit

• vpnavy
    edited August 2017

FWIW - I have had this problem for over a year.  No real solution ever provided.  However, when I go into BitDefender Firewall - it shows it is ON and it also shows the ports, etc. that are being monitored.  I think it is a problem between Windows7 talking to BitDefender and BitDefender talking to Windows7.  No matter what I have ever tried (turning them on through the Windows7 Action Center) - doesn't work.  I have this problem on both of my WIndows7 Systems.

• UPDATE:  I just upgraded to Total Security 2018 (from 2017) and guess what?  My firewall problem is fixed!  Go figure...

• This problem has raised its ugly head again. Both Firewalls off. Again I have to turn BitDefender Firewall on and reboot my system.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hitbit

• Try a reboot.  BUT - when it comes up to the username screen - before you enter your password - give it a few minutes - let it sit at the screen for another minute or so.  I have this gut feeling that it takes a minute of two for BitDefender to "do its thing" and when it hasn't completed - you get both firewalls offline.

• Well - my version of BitDefender went through an upgrade (you know - check for updates) and indicated I needed to do a Reboot.  I rebooted and guess what - back to the same crap - both firewalls are off.  I tried my previous solution (reboot) but both firewalls are off again.  I guess it is time to look for another solution - unfortunately BitDefender doesn't have a clue.  Such a shame - I really did like BitDefender... :( 

• On 6/21/2017 at 9:18 PM, Hitbit said:

Hello,

Every now and then Windows advises that 

Onlinesbi sudoku aadhar card both Windows and BitDefender firewalls are turned off. ( I have never turned BitDefender firewall off ) In an effort to turn BitDefender firewall on I have to select it several times and reboot my system. Is this a BitDefender issue or Microsoft attempting to force their poor firewall on me. Is their a way to prevent Windows or anyone else from turning BitDefender firewall off.

Hitbit

it shows that notification again on my screen and suddenly until now the pop-up does not appear anymore? Is the issue has been resolved somehow after the update?