Notification in email that it has been scanned?

Hi,

I just installed Antivirus Plus 2017 and have a question about email scanning. In my previous antivirus program, there was a notation made at the bottom of each email I received that the email was scanned by that antivirus program. After I installed Antivirus Plus and sent some test emails, while I had no problems sending or receiving emails, there was no indication in the email that it had been scanned.

I use Thunderbird (most recent version) and Windows 8.1. I'm receiving email from a POP mail server and can receive it with no connection security (Port 110), STARTTLS connection security (Port 110), and SSL/TLS (Port 995). I tried sending emails with all 3 different settings for connection security but none of the settings resulted in a notification in my emails that the email had been scanned.

Can you please tell me if there is supposed to be a notification in the email that it has been scanned and whether the connection security setting would affect such a notification if there is supposed to be one? If the connection security setting affects the notification in the email, which setting should I use?

Thanks so very much for your help.

Best regards,

mybuddy1998