Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Periodic Deluge Crashes

Options

Has anyone else had issues with the BitTorrent client, Deluge, since updating to Bitdefender 2018? Ever since I upgraded to 2018, I've been getting periodic Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error crashes. Anywhere from 6 days to less than 24 hours between events. I always get the same error log:

Faulting application name: deluge.exe, version: 1.3.15.0, time stamp: 0x530bd002

Faulting module name: python27.dll, version: 2.7.13150.1013, time stamp: 0x5855a387

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0013f83b

Faulting process id: 0x2704

Faulting application start time: 0x01d33f1177fc242e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\python27.dll

Report Id: c1ee77ba-abb4-11e7-82c0-708bcdab99ce

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've been trying to troubleshoot the problem for the past month because there were other things that happened to my PC at the same time that I upgraded to Bitdefender 2018 so I couldn't just blame the AV. However, I recently just tested running Deluge on a different machine that uses a different OS (Windows 7, my main device is 8.1). I experienced the same error after upgrading to Bitdefender 2018, though the faulting module was different from python27.dll as seen above. At this point I don't know what else it would be other than Bitdefender 2018.

I haven't submitted a support ticket yet because I wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue. I'm also asking on the Deluge forums to rule out any other possibilities.

Comments

• Timo
    Options

On 10/7/2017 at 9:22 PM, Timo said:

Has anyone else had issues with the BitTorrent client, Deluge, since updating to Bitdefender 2018? Ever since I upgraded to 2018, I've been getting periodic Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error crashes. Anywhere from 6 days to less than 24 hours between events. I always get the same error log:

I've been trying to troubleshoot the problem for the past month because there were other things that happened to my PC at the same time that I upgraded to Bitdefender 2018 so I couldn't just blame the AV. However, I recently just tested running Deluge on a different machine that uses a different OS (Windows 7, my main device is 8.1). I experienced the same error after upgrading to Bitdefender 2018, though the faulting module was different from python27.dll as seen above. At this point I don't know what else it would be other than Bitdefender 2018.

I haven't submitted a support ticket yet because I wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue. I'm also asking on the Deluge forums to rule out any other possibilities.

So I uninstalled Bitdefender over a week ago and installed a trial version of a different A/V. It's safe to say that the problem has been resolved. I've hadn't had a single issue running Deluge since. I have decided not to try working the issue out with Bitdefender and move on for a variety of reasons. One, I'm fairly sure the issue involved the Advanced Threat Defense feature. The longest period I had Deluge working was for six days, during some of those six days I had ATD disabled. ATD itself is a disaster, I couldn't keep it permanently disabled and sometimes it wouldn't turn back on unless I restarted. There's a whole thread about it. Secondly, I'm also dealing with the PIA/openVPN issue that has yet to be resolved after 2 months.

Finally I discovered quite the surprise in my Event Viewer after I removed Bitdefender 2018. Following its installation, the number of errors (system and application errors) popping up in event viewer had increased drastically, well above my normal levels. However, right before installing 2018 I had also suffered a BSOD and ended up with a ton of uninstalled updates and drivers. Somehow Windows Update, which had been broken and disabled before the BSOD, was now fixed and found a slew of new updates as well. So I ended up installing BD 2018 and over 100 system updates on the same day. This was why I initially couldn't blame BD 2018 for my Deluge issue. Anyway I had assumed the errors were a result of a corrupted registry and was prepared to do an image repair or even a clean install. Ever since getting rid of BD 2018 though, the error log as returned to pre-BD 2018 levels.

Long story short, I'm done with Bitdefender. I had nothing but issues with 2018 (not mentioned here were the random hour long Quick Scans). 2017 was fine, but apparently we're not allowed to roll back to that despite paying for it. I can't roll back to the 2016 version either because I had issues with that I resolved by upgrading to the 2017 version. Whoever decided releasing BD 2018 was a good idea really dropped the ball.