Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

always loosing exception rule

Options

Greetings,

it was the case on bitdefender 2017 and now on 2018... I'm connecting on a laptop by wifi to a local network printer through some router device.

I've set a rule on bitdefender on the laptop to reach the printer : apply to all aplications, any type of network, any proto, any direction, custom external ip

The stealth mode is off for local network

Then i can connect on the printer till the session is open, but when i reboot the laptop, i loose the ability to connect to the printer (the wifi is ok, and the internet acces too).

It seems that i loose the rule.

Does anybody have an idea why i loose the exception rule ? (i've tried to force network to home/office : same behavior)

Many thanks for answering

Comments

• 2 hours ago, aboard said:

Greetings,

it was the case on bitdefender 2017 and now on 2018... I'm connecting on a laptop by wifi to a local network printer through some router device.

I've set a rule on bitdefender on the laptop to reach the printer : apply to all aplications, any type of network, any proto, any direction, custom external ip

The stealth mode is off for local network

Then i can connect on the printer till the session is open, but when i reboot the laptop, i loose the ability to connect to the printer (the wifi is ok, and the internet acces too).

It seems that i loose the rule.

Does anybody have an idea why i loose the exception rule ? (i've tried to force network to home/office : same behavior)

Many thanks for answering

Hey there Aboard,

Are you by any chance using a VPN?

• Greeting Alex,

thanks for answering.

I've no vpn. I just don't know why bitdefender delete the rule. I expect a network exception to be permanent as ip are static ones.

I'm seriously thinking about changing solution because i've to re-enter all exceptions rules for 2 or 3 devices.

Best Regards