Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BDIS 2018- Pre installation Password Manager question?

Options

I am Very unhappy with completely having to reconfigure buggy Norton IS every few weeks (many product updates, requiring several live updates/restarts..., then re-trust again...), and want to try BDIS if...?-

1. I have happily used LastPass password manager for years! Can I disable BD's password manager, and use LP instead, or...?

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

scottls59901:

I have been using Roboform password manager for years with Bitdefender, without issues.  I can't see why Bitdefender would insist that you use its password manager, as opposed to LastPass.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:36 AM, garioch7 said:

scottls59901:

I have been using Roboform password manager for years with Bitdefender, without issues.  I can't see why Bitdefender would insist that you use its password manager, as opposed to LastPass.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

I searched the .pdf, and you can turn PM off in wallet settings-  With the .atc bugs.... in 2018 "beta",  I'll install 2017!

• garioch7
    Options

/index.php?/profile/204040-scottls59901/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/204040-scottls59901/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204040" rel="">@scottls59901

I am running Bitdefender 2018 Total Security, and have been since it was released.  It has been very stable for me.  Given the millions of people who are using Bitdefender 2018 products, the number of complaints here in the Forums are not very significant.  There are so many different computer platforms out there, and some folks do have operating system issues, which cause problems for them with running various programs, including BD products.

By all means, it is your computer, so if you want to install an older product, that is YOUR choice.  Personally, I would not assume that there will be problems with BD 2018 products on your computer just because a few folks on these Forums have had some odd issues with their computers.

Just my two cents as an ordinary customer and user.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:30 AM, garioch7 said:

/index.php?/profile/204040-scottls59901/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204040" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/204040-scottls59901/" rel="">@scottls59901

I am running Bitdefender 2018 Total Security, and have been since it was released.  It has been very stable for me.  Given the millions of people who are using Bitdefender 2018 products, the number of complaints here in the Forums are not very significant.  There are so many different computer platforms out there, and some folks do have operating system issues, which cause problems for them with running various programs, including BD products.

By all means, it is your computer, so if you want to install an older product, that is YOUR choice.  Personally, I would not assume that there will be problems with BD 2018 products on your computer just because a few folks on these Forums have had some odd issues with their computers.

Just my two cents as an ordinary customer and user.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

I feel that you may be correct about going with 2018 (probably better protection from Ransom-ware...). I'll make an image backup, and install it, when I Finally get "buggy" Norton IS uninstalled (they make it Very Hard!).

• garioch7
    Options

/index.php?/profile/204040-scottls59901/" data-ipshover-target="https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?/profile/204040-scottls59901/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204040" rel="">@scottls59901

Norton can be a pain to uninstall.  I would recommend you use the Norton Removal Tool.  You can find it at this link.

You will need to reboot to complete the uninstall.  Bitdefender will definitely be unhappy if there are still traces of Norton lurking in your computer.

Please let us know how you make out.  Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil