Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Popup Notifications for Blocked Applications?

Options

Is there a way to enable system notifications or popup notifications for when Bitdefender decides to block an applications?

Currently, Bitdefender just "silently" blocks the application while I am using it, and the application simply does not work as expected without explanation. I don't realize what has happened until after the fact when I see the tiny New Alert badge in Bitdefender. This has been pretty disruptive to my work, as I have to take time out of my job to either figure out what has happened, or find an alternative means for accomplishing what I am trying to do.

I am adding applications to Bitdefender's whitelist as they are blocked, but I am constantly experimenting with new tools to improve my craft, and this seems an unsatisfactory solution to me.

I will give you an example. Yesterday, I was trying to show a friend how to install and use Netbeans. When I tried to create a new project, Netbeans simply told me that my own directory was not writable. I restarted Netbeans as an Administrator, but that did not fix the issue. I eventually had to abandon the demo and focus on something else. It wasn't until today that I discovered that Bitdefender had blocked Netbeans from altering my "Safe Files." I have turned off the "Safe Files" feature.

I am using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2018 on Windows 10.