problems when installing software

freedda
edited December 2017 in Install activation

When i tried to install new software i got this bd message:

The  application journal setup.tmp attempted to change a file in a protected folder and was blocked. Protected folder: c:\users\public\desktop Keep blocking the application if you do not recognize it or did not want to edit one of your protected files right now. Allow the application only if you trust the source it came from. Click the "Learn more" button below for an informative article on data protection and Safe Files.

i went to a subsequent screen where i added 'application access' but this seems after the fact and i dont think resolves the issue. When i open the software i get an error message, something about not being allowed access to a database file i think. 

I am having other issues, maybe not bd-reated, i dont know:

• I am being denied admin access in win10 even though i am the administrator, but that might be a win10 issue.

• When i downloaded the .exe file, firefox usually puts file in 'downloads' folder, but this time, it seems it was denied access to that folder and i had to download my install file somewhere else instead.

Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• You should contact support team of Bitdefender

• Hello, 

Sorry for missing this the first time around. 

Safe Files will block any digitally unsigned software from saving/modifying files in your protected folders. Unfortunately if it's a temp application that is trying to modify the files an exclusion will not be effective. In your case it seems the installer is creating another file called setup.tmp , which is not signed.

As a workaround, you can remove the Desktop from the list of Protected Folders in Safe Files, or temporarily disable Safe Files while installing the application. 

You should also check if other known applications appear in Safe Files > Application Access and allow those you trust .