Box 2 Missing Many, Many Devices

There are multiple devices that are not being detected on Box 2.  These devices are connected via wireless and connect through a switch which is connected to the LAN port on the B2.  B2 is set up as my primary router, and I use a high quality wireless AP to connect my wireless devices.  I have tried resetting B2 and using that as the Wireless AP but I still get the same result.  I have been in contact with Support and they pulled some logs a day or 2 ago and I still haven't heard anything yet.  Is there anybody else that is experiencing these issues with B2 or had them resolved?

Thank you

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, we just responded to your email. Could you please reply to our email with the requested information?

• I am experiencing the same thing. I have my setup as listed isp modem, personal router in bridged mode connected to Bitdefender Box 2, then I have my range extender. Everything that is hooked up to my range extender and the range extender itself is not being read. I even set my range extender as a static IP to the Bitdefender Box 2 and still no luck.

• They just released an update for BOX2 today. Give that a try. I just downloaded and installed it about an hour after you posted this and it seems to have taken care of the issues. I make sure you refresh everything on the central app once you get it updated. 

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi, are you sure that devices that connect to the extender obtain an IP address from BOX? If they do, they should have an 172.24.1.X ? If they don't, it might be that the extender is not set in Access Point mode.

Like Matthew said, we released an update today that took care of this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

• So, how exactly does one actually perform the firmware update for a BOX 2 manually (and/or confirm it was done automatically)?... I'm running the IOS Bitdefender Central app and there are no notifications about any update and there seems to be no way to even determine what version the device is running... 

• Open the iOS app/Devices/the 3 dots in the top right/About  

It should show you the current fw version and then the new one. You should just click Update Now. Current version is 2.1.1.7 

• Thanks Matthew!... don't know why that didn't occur to me as I was looking around... though, seems not very intuitive... and I never got a notification from the BOX 2 that an update was even available...

• So wait, my extender does have the option to be put into access point mode or extender mode. Should I set my range extender to be put in AP mode?

• 9 hours ago, Michael Bitdefender BOX said:

Hi, are you sure that devices that connect to the extender obtain an IP address from BOX? If they do, they should have an 172.24.1.X ? If they don't, it might be that the extender is not set in Access Point mode.

Like Matthew said, we released an update today that took care of this issue.

Let me know how it goes.

I tried that access point thing for my range extender and it did not work. My range extender couldn’t be put into bridge mode, and it lost connection once it became a AP. So I had to put it back to range extender mode.

• On 12/19/2017 at 10:43 AM, Matthew Hommel said:

There are multiple devices that are not being detected on Box 2.  These devices are connected via wireless and connect through a switch which is connected to the LAN port on the B2.  B2 is set up as my primary router, and I use a high quality wireless AP to connect my wireless devices.  I have tried resetting B2 and using that as the Wireless AP but I still get the same result.  I have been in contact with Support and they pulled some logs a day or 2 ago and I still haven't heard anything yet.  Is there anybody else that is experiencing these issues with B2 or had them resolved?

Thank you

How did the pull logs?

• I’m not sure what the settings should be for the range extender. They accessed them remotely and pulled whatever logs they needed. Do your devices show up if you’re connected directly to B2 on WiFi?

• Sgtkeebler
    edited December 2017

11 hours ago, Matthew Hommel said:

I’m not sure what the settings should be for the range extender. They accessed them remotely and pulled whatever logs they needed. Do your devices show up if you’re connected directly to B2 on WiFi?

Yeah, they show up so its not the setup of the box2 and router, but with the range extender. They want me to put the range extender in access point mode, but I would have to run like 100ft cable just to get it across my house so the other devices can have a signal. Whats weird is that my Iphone which is connected through the range extender is the only device that shows up in Bitdefender central.

• Did you ever get everything working?

• On 12/19/2017 at 12:43 PM, Matthew Hommel said:

Thank you

It is just a guess from me but do you have DHCP turn on still on your router/internet gateway?  Its possible that they have a DHCP address from another device and aren't requesting one from the Box 2.  It happened to me and I had to disable DHCP on my internet gateway, give Box 2 a static IP and then everything worked perfectly.