Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Box 2 and range extender

Sgtkeebler
edited December 2017 in Bitdefender box

Hello, I just purchased the Bitdefender box 2, and I set it up early this morning. My setup consists of my isp modem, connected to my own personal router. So I followed the instructions to the T and everything works fine on the router side and the bitdefender box 2, but the box wont see my range extender and everything that is hooked up to my range extender. This is causing disconnects, and latency problems. I factory reset my range extender and reconnected to the router/bitdefender box 2 but its still not showing up in bitdefender centeral and it still only shows I have 8 devices when I have like 20 connected to my range extender. I had the Bitdefender box 1 and that worked with my range extender but the thing sucked as a DHCP server. So I just disconnected the box and setup the box 2 instead. What can I do to get the Bitdefender Box 2 see my range extender and all the other devices connected to it? I can see that the range extender is pulling an IP address from the Bitdefender box 2, it is showing as 174.x.x.x when the ip address my ISP gave me starts with 192.x.x.x.

Comments

• Sgtkeebler
    edited December 2017

More information: I just set my range extender to receive a static IP from the Bitdefender Box 2/Router to see if there is any difference. Also the Box is finally seeing only 3 devices out of like 20-25 of them. Apple tv, PS4, and Iphone, but I still haven't seen my xbox, sisters, and mom computer, the computer I'm typing this on, and others. I did notice when I removed the original Bitdefender Box 1 from my network and the bitdefender central app, thats when the other devices stop being seen.

• more info: Using the bitdefender box 2 as a standalone router, it still will not pick up the range extender and everything attached to the range extender. So i have came to the conclusion that while the range extender and everything else attached to that receives an IP address from the B2, it is incompatible with bitdefender central or there is a bug not allowing it to pick it up. Talking to support, and they want me to set the extender an AP mode, but then the extender looses network connectivity, and I loose extender functionality or I would have to run a 100ft ether cable under my house to keep the extender connected in AP mode. which I don't feel like drilling holes in my floor to do that. So i either have to wait till bitdefender can fix it to be compatible with range extenders or return it.

• @Sgtkeebler that's a very similar type of problem I've encountered, though what I found also was that with my WRT54G (extender in client-bridge mode) set with a static compatible 172.42.1.x IP address, only one of the devices plugged into it and set for DHCP will actually be abe to connect to the WiFi R7000 Router set in AP mode for pass-through to the BOX 2 serving DHCP... but the WRT54G itself cannot be administered... I had a great setup working for years and the BOX 2 seems incompatible with that because it forces changing your network address scheme... to the fixed 172.24.1.x.... I'll likely implement a Sophos XG Home edition ($0) on spare computer instead now since it provides very complete configurability and flexibility... I really had high hopes for the BOX 2 as a stand-alone and easy to manage device but it's proving too restrictive if you have a more complex networking environment.