Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

updates for old windows XP PC

Options

I have the Bitdefender Internet Security 2018 on a new Windows 10 PC,it works great. Does updates automatically & manually thru the software. I have an older PC that runs windows XP, I don't use it very much but I still wanted to add Bitdefender for XP to it.

It downloaded perfect to the old PC and works good ,but I can't get it to update manually or automatically. It just doesn't connect to Internet via Bitdefender security software. I found that if I manually go into the Bitdefender website then open the Bitdefender XP software  ,it will download the update because I'm already connected to Internet.

It seems like the Bitdefender XP software  does not connect to the Internet as does the Internet Security 2018 version does on my Windows 10 PC by just opening the Bitdefender software and telling it to do an update ,instead the Windows XP Bitdefender version for it to update ,manually or automatically, again , I have to connect to the Bitdefender website to gain Internet access then the software will do an update.

My older security software by another company worked perfect on my old XP PC as well as my new PC ,was able to do updates via the software itself.

Any ideas as to why the Bitdefender XP version is doing this ?

Al