Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

NAT throughput

I understand that the WAN port for Box 2 is 1Gbps, but I'd like to know what it is rated for NAT throughput. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi,

To give you straight answer, if you set up BOX using the “I have a router” flow and put your existing router into AP mode, then the maximum filtered traffic throughput between the BOX LAN port (connected to your router-turned-AP and your devices) and the BOX WAN port (connected to your ISP) is:

• ~930 Mbps download

• ~900 Mbps upload

This is achieved by using the intelligent whitelisting algorithm and the network acceleration hardware mentioned above.

If you have a specific test you want to find out more, please let us know.

Thanks!

• /index.php?/profile/201615-michael-bitdefender-box/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="201615" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/201615-michael-bitdefender-box/" rel="">@Michael Bitdefender BOX The above is essentially my setup and you answered my question. I just want to make sure the intelligent white listing and hardware acceleration aren't specific bits I need to toggle in an advanced setting I may be missing or if this is enabled out of the box.

• On 2/9/2018 at 7:24 AM, Michael Bitdefender BOX said:

Hi,

To give you straight answer, if you set up BOX using the “I have a router” flow and put your existing router into AP mode, then the maximum filtered traffic throughput between the BOX LAN port (connected to your router-turned-AP and your devices) and the BOX WAN port (connected to your ISP) is:

• ~930 Mbps download

• ~900 Mbps upload

This is achieved by using the intelligent whitelisting algorithm and the network acceleration hardware mentioned above.

If you have a specific test you want to find out more, please let us know.

Thanks!

Michael

i have a 110/15 mb internet connection as of the latest firmware i am getting 70/10 on a wired connection. I have done this at peak and non peak times.

Realistically do we need a router in bridge mode or can the box really handle the firewall options? i do not have any firewalls enabled...

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Stu, have you tested the Internet speed in a web browser? If so, please try to use the app version of the speed test as it will give you a more accurate result. 

To answer your second question, BOX is a firewall and more.As apposed to a traditional firewall that works based on predefined rules, BOX has AI and Machine Learning embedded into it so that it can adjust according to the network It can be installed according to the current network setup. If you have a personal high end router or firewall, BOX can work with it or if not, BOX can act as a router but not as high end one as we mainly concentrate on security.

• What I think it boils down to is this can I open a single port to a single lan device the answer I think is yes.

Can I do tjrbfollowing with box

QOS ...no

Restrict/Filter URLs, Restrict time yes kinda with parental app

Use 3rd party DNS on box...no

Setup dual WAN...no

Box fills a purpose, I think the integration with Netgear is a good choice, personally in would like to see this opened to open source like opnsense or name brand like Asus would be another good router or even integration with DDWRT distros.