Foreign language UI loading

I've reported this to Bitdefender support before but occasionally Bitdefender UI opens up in a foreign language (not sure what). It also shows Auto Pilot is off when it should be on. It only stays like this for maybe 10 seconds then switches into English.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences the same issue?

ForeignLanguage180320.jpg

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi, 

It's a display glitch and we're working on fixing it. 

• Yup, that happen to me once last week. It lasted about 2 seconds and reverted back to English. Thanks BD team that you're already aware of this and working on it :) 

• Just out of curiosity, what language is it in?

• To be honest, it happened so fast, about 2 seconds, that I don't remember but it was far enough off that it got my attention. It could have been the same language you posted, as it was obviously different. Good question to ask though, in case it's a certain language that consistently pops up, compared to it being totally random for BD support to figure out?

• Hi, 

It's not a foreign language at all. It does look a bit like French, but it isn't, the characters are just not displayed correctly.

• Not a language, no wonder it looked so foreign to us :) Thank you Sergiu, for posting to let us know.

• Thanks Sergiu.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2018

In my case I can now reproduce the "off" display at will. This may be what I had done previously, and why it happened so fast.

I have Windows Explorer set to open files/apps with a single click. If I double click the Widget to open BD, I get that  glitch with the Protected  text. It doesn't happen when I double click the Desktop shortcut icon, or the system tray icon, just the widget. It shows on that UI Auto Pilot being off when it's actually on, and 1 of 5 devices protected when it should be 1 out of 3. I understand that just probably goes along with that UI glitch when it's loading.

It happens both with IS and AV+ on Windows 10 (haven't tried it on the Windows 7 PCs yet). Just thought I'd pass this along for what it's worth :)

5abff95edaca2_bdglitch.thumb.PNG.d5fdbf6aac8e4b8e1a94dc1f57b8b009.PNG

• Right now my Bitdefender can't update, Error -1007, something to do with my connection, yet here I am posting on this forum. Bitdefender is skating on this ice at this stage. I've spent probably 20 hours this weekend stuffing around not being able to use my computer due to Bitdefender issues. Took an hour to load the other day, so uninstalled/reinstalled last night, now it can't update, after I just did an update earlier. Just about over it I'm afraid. When I had Bitdefender uninstalled, my computer worked like it used to...fast. Everything worked like I want it too. Now I'm back to slow performance and wasting my time with this ****.

Signed: not happy