Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

webshieldext.xyz

Options

Bitdefender connects and keeps permanent 14 connections to the webshieldext.xyz. The site is registered to some anonymous russians, and is placed somewhere in London. I am really curious what it is and why there is no information about on interntet. As long it;s purpose unknown I rerouted it to the 127.0.0.1.

Thanks.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi don,

Could you show me how you got that information and what you used to verify this, as I am curious and would like to confirm this on my end, too.

In doing a general Google search for webshieldext.xyz, I found the address to be in London, too. But if I copied and pasted the text into the address bar, I get a warning from BD and MBAM.

webshieldext.thumb.png.b71845cac482310f3f904e2eb1bf1976.png

• don
    Options

I use netstat -o. Using procmonitor (sysinternals from MS site) produces same results. Since I don't know what it is I zeroed IP resolve in the hosts file.

Main three processes from Bitdefender connect permanently to the webshieldext. xyz. There are like 12 open intertwined connections. Beside that Bitdedender is connected permanently  to the bitdefender.com (Why actually? ), not speaking about connecting regularly to the amazonaws. Frankly Bitdefender aggressiveness with updates and as the result 100% disk use every hour or so was mine reason to check everything.

Looking at the cohost information I see that the company in London which hosts webshieldext.xyz has huge collection of fishing sites and troian dumps. It is amazing that the British allow such companies to exist.