Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Recent Update - PC Doesn't Start

Options

The recent Bitdefender update, the one that requires a restart, has now kept my computer from being able to boot. I originally thought it had something to do with updating to the Windows 10 1803 update, but I did a fresh install of 1709 and it happened again. Before anyone tries to ask, "How do you know it's Bitdefender? Other customers have received the same update and aren't experiencing the same issue." Well my response to that is, I've done a fresh install 3 times. Two on the 1803 release, and one on the 1709 release. I also booted into Safe Mode, uninstalled Bitdefender, and my computer started up fine. It is always after I get to the point that it wants to restart, it will not boot up.

"

Comments

• Hoke88
    Options

I get the same issue but only on my 32bit windows 10. I finally got it to reboot after holding power button down to shut down then windows will go into automatically repair mode and ask if you want to troubleshoot or shutdown. I hit shutdown then powered back up and windows booted up. I had to do this a couple of times before it worked. Windows takes about 3 hard shutdowns(holding Power button down to shut off) before it goes to automatically repair mode. 

• I guess I'm a glutton for pain. I just installed Bitdefender again, it wanted to do the "restart to update" bit again, and lo and behold, it failed to start up. This will not work for me. I run a small business and I can't have users down or their systems unprotected.

• Alan Nageleisen
    edited June 2018
    Options

10 hours ago, Hoke88 said:

I get the same issue but only on my 32bit windows 10. I finally got it to reboot after holding power button down to shut down then windows will go into automatically repair mode and ask if you want to troubleshoot or shutdown. I hit shutdown then powered back up and windows booted up. I had to do this a couple of times before it worked. Windows takes about 3 hard shutdowns(holding Power button down to shut off) before it goes to automatically repair mode. 

Are you running a non-uefi system? I would assume so with a 32-bit operating system. So far, that is the only defining thing in my efforts to understand the issue, is your system (possibly) is non-uefi and the system that I'm having issues with is also non-uefi (legacy). Is anyone else running Bitdefender on a legacy (non-ueif) system?

• Hoke88
    Options

Yes my system is a non-uefi. I uninstalled Bitdefender then tried reinstalling. The initial installation works fine but the 2 updates after that my pc doesn`t boot up(just shows windows logo with spinning circle) so I just held power button down and restarted pc until it booted.  I had to shutdown and restart multiple times before it would boot up.