"System has been blocked" firewall. How to override "System" to allow?

Hi

I am connecting to work via Fortigate VPN.  When on VPN, I can ping the work servers, I can remote desktop to the work servers,  but the only thing I can't do is "browse" via explorer to the work servers.  I have narrowed it down to the following "Application Access" rule that is blocking system. (See attachment).  Explorer has been allowed so I know its not that. (See attachment)

The issue is that there is no EXE mentioned, so how do I add a rule for "System" to allow?

Regards

Adrian

bitdefender2.png

bitdefender.png

Comments

• I'd run a scan first.

• Hi,

Do you have an IP that you can add, with explorer.exe as the application?

• Hello, I have a similar problem as OP, I have blocked all connections on Bitdefender's firewall and then I created rules on the apps that I need the access allowed, so when I see an app been blocked I simple follow the root that it shows on Bitdefender and make an exception on it so doesn't get blocked like the rest.

But I keep having this app blocked named 'System' but does not show any root address like I normally get with the rests of the apps when they get blocked so I don't know where to find the address for that 'System' app so I'm able to add it as an exemption.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.