Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Access My Vault?

Options

I created a new file vault. BD created a virtual disk named Z:. When I go to Z: I can still see everything that I put there. How do I correct that?

What I would like is to create a vault and when I click on it, I am asked for my password. Is that possible?

Thank you

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

Hello Skuddle,

You should be prompted to enter the password of your Vault when accessing the Vault. In case you have created multiple vaults on different partitions, all vaults will be Z and they might not work as intended. Please try creating on the same partition.  Also, please make sure that you Lock the Vault in order to be prompted with the password each time.

• Skuddle
    Skuddle
    edited January 2019
    Options

I'm pretty sure that I followed all of the steps for creating a vault. I was on G: when I did it. Afterwards, each time I go to G: and open "Other.bvd" I get a message stating, "This file fault is already opened." So then I go to Z:, right-click on Bitdefender > Bitdefender File Vault and then I get a choice of either "Create a file vault" or "Lock".

When I click "Lock", nothing happens, and I can still see the file that I put into the vault.

So: What's causing the "file vault already opened" message, and why does my "Lock" not lock??

• Skuddle
    Options

Bump...

• Roxana G
    Options

On 1/24/2019 at 7:08 PM, Skuddle said:

I'm pretty sure that I followed all of the steps for creating a vault. I was on G: when I did it. Afterwards, each time I go to G: and open "Other.bvd" I get a message stating, "This file fault is already opened." So then I go to Z:, right-click on Bitdefender > Bitdefender File Vault and then I get a choice of either "Create a file vault" or "Lock".

When I click "Lock", nothing happens, and I can still see the file that I put into the vault.

So: What's causing the "file vault already opened" message, and why does my "Lock" not lock??

Hello,

If you go to directly on the location where the .bvd file and click right on it and select Bitdefender -> Bitdefender Vault ->Lock, do you manage to Lock the Vault?