Support issues

onefineday
edited January 2022 in Parental Control

I am at a loss how to get effective support.

Initial Support from Bitdefender was good, and have Family Pack running on three Windows PCs, four Android Tablets, four Android phones and one apple phone.

However, I am having no luck at all resolving any of the issues I raise - including:

1. Numerous notifications that "Parental SMS app disabled on <owner's> unknown device.  Parental SMS application was disabled on <device type id>".  I have elected not to use this feature, but I am being spammed with notifications daily for two devices.  I cannot get a resolution to this. "My colleagues can provide you with more details about it."........

2. Completely unusable Anti-Theft - Locate, and Parental Control - Child Location features.  They never seem to report correctly, except when at home.  Location on Mobile or other network connection appears randomly, never on request, and features within the product contradict themselves as to the Child's/Device location/Location-Time.  Again, I cannot get good answers to these issues.....

3. Parental Control on one PC.  It appears installed, I have 3 devices assigned to one child, but the location is never offered for the third device, only the other two.  I've had chat support call on this but cannot get it resolved.  I am sent around in circles of installing Security (it's already installed) and selecting the device on the child's card (it's already selected)....

4. Inability to resolve from where the 'Attempted Access on Restricted Categories' message is coming from.  Without being able to drill into the data and identify the offending website how can I block or permit?  - "I will escalate this situation to my colleagues from the second level of support. After that, our technicians will send you an email in the shortest time possible regarding the issue presented.".......

5. After Chats I get a 'ticket' follow up that says more information is required from me, but no request or explanation.  Also, the ticket numbers are not linked to anything, I can't find any 'ticket' system, I don't get replies when I follow up, then I get emails saying ticket will be closed!

1. Please be informed that you have an open Customer Care request, ticket no: yyyymmddhhmmssnn, that requires further information from your side to complete. Since we have not heard back from you in a while, please reply to our last e-mail with the necessary information so that we can resolve your issue(s) in the shortest possible time.

2. Our records indicate that you currently have an open Customer Care request with us, ticket no: yyyymmddhhmmssnn. As we have not heard from you in 5 days, we are in the process of closing this ticket. Should you still need our assistance or additional information, simply reply to this message and your ticket will promptly be re-opened. 

6. I have other problems, questions, but I daren't ask now, until the above gets sorted.

Is there a ticket management system, where I can see progress of support calls, and manage them?  If not why not, and if so, why aren't the ticket numbers in emails hyperlinked to the system?

What type of support contact should I make to actually get these issues resolved rather than being passed onto ethereal 'colleagues'?

Mike

Comments

• Same problem.

Where can I check my Tickets, and provide the requested information?

Very bad support, it ruins trust significantly!

A good virus detection is not enough, you must support your customers as well!

• Hi /index.php?/profile/215276-onefineday/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215276" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215276-onefineday/" rel="">@onefineday,

Based on your description, it seems that one of our previous emails was not received on your end. I've just resent it and it contains the steps to generate the needed logs to help us assist you with this situation.

We do not currently offer a dedicated method to monitor a case with us however, we may consider implementation for it in the future. 

Do please let us know if you've received it and forward us the required information when you're available.

Thanks!

/index.php?/profile/216137-matatom/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="216137" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/216137-matatom/" id="ips_uid_4971_7" rel="">@MaTaTom The same applies here. One of my colleagues has replied on your case with us earlier.

• gioana
    gioana
    edited March 2019

Hello /index.php?/profile/215276-onefineday/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="215276" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/215276-onefineday/" rel="">@onefineday,

1.The notifications regarding the SMS app on Android has indeed been a bug and it has been fixed and released(Parental Control on Android version 1.3.6.194) - also, the application does not come along with the SMS app anymore .

2.The child location feature functions properly only if the device's location (Settings -> Location -> Mode ) is on "High accuracy" (I suggest turning it on/off again ) and only if there is an internet connection on that device. Also, at the moment, once the child enters a new area( > 200 m than the previous one) , depending on the device there could be a specific amount of time (usually less than 5 minutes) so that the application detects that location. Once that information is retrieved from the OS , it will be sent to cloud(and from there to Central Web/app) from 20 to 20 minutes( or less ) so , there might be a total time up to 20-25 minutes for a user to actually see a change in Central Web ->Parental Control->Profile->Child Location-> Locate device. This feature will soon be improved though ! 

3. See the answer above.

4.Before seeing in Central Web "Attempted to access restricted category " , in your device's browser, upon entering a specific website : if that website has been blocked by a specific category you will be redirected to a "This page has been blocked"(https://parentaladvisor.bitdefender.com) webpage. So, now, that you know what website created that "Attempted to access restricted category" notification, you can now block or allow that specific website from Central Web->Parental Control->Profile->Websites -> Manage ->Add website .  

Would there be any more questions regarding Parental Control on Android, please let me know.

Best regards,

gioana - Bitdefender QA Parental Control Android.