antispam toolbar not working in Thunderbird

Hello,

I am using the latest version of Bitdefender Total Security, as well as the latest version (64-bit) of Thunderbird email client, and it has been a while now that the Bitdefender anti-spam toolbar inside Thunderbird, has disappeared. 

I saw there was an unsolved topic on this issue in the French speaking user forum, but none yet in the English speaking forum.

Is there any news on any future repair (and re-appearance) of the anti-spam toolbar in Thunderbird?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello /index.php?/profile/218387-user12345/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="218387" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/218387-user12345/" rel="">@user12345,

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix.

Thank you for your report!

• I also have this problem & it fundamentally undermines my control of Spam in Thunderbird.

The above posts were back in February 2020. Don't tell there is still no solution?

I've used BD Total or Ultimate Security for over 2 decades & I'm increasingly frustrated by waiting for it to finish loading on Startup, the elimination of the Widget which gave instant indication of problems, issues & activity, plus, the loss of the Toolbar.

What I suspect is happening here is, the full package is being sliced & diced to create more "Premium" offerings. When I buy Total Security, I expect it to be just that. After many years of satisfaction & endorsement of BD, I am not happy with the way BD is evolving.

• Same over here.

Is November 2020 and since February Bitdefender have no solved this issue. Don't be surprise if we not renevue the subscription.

• Thunderbird has auto-updated me to version 78.5.1 64bit and the bitdefender antispam toolbar add-on says it's not compatible with this version. Is this the same issue?

• Is now March 2021. More than one year since a fantomatic Bitdefender development team knowledge the problem and work to fix it. But they did not.

I left Kaspersky for this reason, I will not renevue Bitdefender and I will look for someone who took much care for his customers.

Advertising product as "inclusive" "included" and else is call cheating when that isn't truly available.

I have waste to much time with you already.

• Hi,

First, What type of account do you have? POP3/ IMAP/ Exchange...

If you use the IsSpam button, does it move the flagged email?

OR

Do you have the Anti-Spam folder created?

OR

Should be attached to the Trash with the name of Spam. omegle azar shagle