Box 2 seems to have problems with heavy extended use

Has anyone else encountered the Box 2 being unable to route traffic after an entire day of heavy utilization? Yesterday evening the Box kept on locking up whenever I tried to download drivers for my video card. I rebooted my cable modem and the box several times to the same effect. It even locked up when I did a speed test both from speed test.net or my cable provider's speed test site. I think started troubleshooting things and if I hooked up directly to the cable modem I was able to download the drivers (multiple times) and run speed tests with no problem. I use separate equipment for wireless access, i.e. I've disabled wireless on the Box 2, so I made sure to remove that from the equation while troubleshooting. Just in case I powered down the Box 2 and let it cool for about half an hour. Then I reconnected everything and then it was back to normal.

Overall I really enjoy many of the features of the Box 2 and feel safer with it (our house runs has a lot of IoT devices), but it's disappointing that the Box 2 doesn't seem to be able to handle really heavy networking loads over extended periods of time.