Slow Fast.com/Netflix on Bitdefender Total Security 2020

Hey Bitdefender Team,

I have Bitdefender Total Security 2020 installed on my Windows 10 Machine.

• Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • Version: 2004
  • OS build: 19041.572
  • Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I have all the latest Windows update installed and have moved to a 100Mbps Internet connection this month.

Whenever I speedtest on Fast.com or stream Netflix on Windows, the internet speed never goes above 10Mbps. Whereas on my Mac machine without Bitdefender it goes full up to 100Mbps. In Windows, I find no issue if I test on speedtest.net. Seems like, Only Netflix is being throttled. I am facing this for last month since I have moved to this 100Mbps new ISP. After troubleshooting a lot, I found out uninstalling Bitdefender TS makes everything normal on Windows. then I tried reinstalling the Bitdefender, but as soon as it's installed and turned ON, the speed on fast.com is capped to 10Mbps.

I turned off the Bitdefender Firewall and then other services, but that too doesn't help. Also, I have tried this https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3766/ with no success.

Please help.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.