Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unauthorized Auto Renewal

Options
Kotten
Kotten
edited December 2020 in General

What the hell is going on??

I've been a customer for Bitdefender for a long time and never had any problems with the product, in fact it's very good.

I've never been a fan of auto renewal and always done this manually, but this year I can't find to cancel the auto renewal except doing so on '2Checkout' own website. It says on there it is not going to renew but past week I've been getting a bunch of emails saying that it is about to be renewed on the 26th (which is today) . This is scaring me because I've loved the product and always renewed it manually (because of reasons I should not need to discuss, which is a long story. if anyone is interested then I'll explain, sure why not, just ask.) But now I feel like I'm dealing with one of those scam sites that doesn't allow you to unsubscribe unless you take this whole dumb route to get it through.

I've sent an reply to the last email that told me it is going to auto renew my subscription. The email was in Swedish so I replied in Swedish as well. But the automatic email response saying "We have received your ticket" was in English so I feel I won get an answer.

I am seriously thinking of taking my business elsewhere solely because of the lack of customer support and what seems to have suddenly become very not user friendly product when it comes to this stuff. I've read older posts here and doesn't seem like anyone is getting any help for whatever reason.

So I guess what I'm asking is why is this whole company going down the drain? What happened? Are they going to actually take my money? Why does it feel like they doing anything in their power to make it impossible to cancel their service just get a quick buck. (Even though for me I would have renewed manually, but now having second thoughts because of this nonsense).

If I see this automatically renewed though I canceled it on 2Checout site without any possibility of doing any of this stuff on Bitdefender's own site I am not going to be happy about this.

Comments

• AceAce_123
    Options

bro me too, i cant cancel my subscription. Im not a fan of auto renewal.

• bigjohn_1709
    Options

I've deleted my credit card

• Kotten
    Kotten
    edited April 2021
    Options

For anyone that may have this issue today go to 2Checkouts website through the link below to cancel the renewal. In my experience; The email that is sent to you saying your subscription is about to be renewed is automated and can be ignored if you canceled it there. I recommend to try and contact them regard any purchasing related to Bitdefender since, I believe, they are actually the ones taking care of all their orders.

https://secure.2co.com/myaccount/ (Please copy and paste the entire link into your browser, so you can avoid any inconsistencies)

2Checkout myAccount allows you to:

- retrieve your license code/registration information

- request a refund

- renew your service

- stop the automatic renewal of your service/subscription

- download the invoices for your orders

- find the contact details of the service/software provider

When you access it for the first time, go to "Send Access Link" and enter the email address that you have used to order. You will then receive an email from us containing an access link. You can also log-in to the account using the option” login with password”.

• ms_cellany
    Options
    [{"insert":"Hi \"Kotten\"\nYour information is invaluable and should be easily accessible on Bitdefender's site. I too feel like I'm dealing with some sort of a scammers. Bitdefender need to give brush up customer support. We should have easier access to our subscriptions with auto renewal. The long process is damning drawback for Bitdefender. \n"}] It is their responsibilty to provide the information you have kindly provided.
  • JRG
    Options

Thank you, thank you, Thank you! for taking the time to post your useful info "Kotten". It's much appreciated! It is beyond frustrating to deal with BitDefender Auto Renewal EVERY YEAR! I've been a customer for years and every year I hate having to waste my time with it because they refuse to automatically give the best price for the long term customers!!!! It's ridiculous. It is more work for BitDefender and more work for the long term customers to have to fight over it and more importantly, it is dishonest!! In the past, they offered a 3 year subscription too (which I appreciated, but as of last year ...they told me they got rid of that. I could understand reasonable incremental annual price increases, but when I recommend BitDefender to new users and find out that they are paying LESS than I am ( as I long term customer that has recommended them to friends for years, it is INFURIATIONG! All of the great work done by technical folks of BitDefender (who make a really good product) just gets "pissed on" by those working in the business, marketing and customer retention arena ( money hungry folks that really don't know the first thing about customer loyalty). Alright, I think you know how I feel now.

Using the info you listed, I have removed to "auto renew". Thanks again, "Kotten". I took a screen shot too, as i've had so many renewal and payment processing issues in the past. It's also interesting that after I clicked to remove "auto renew" I was immediately offered a 50% discount if I stayed with auto renewal (but not prior). However, I know that the New used discount is better than that!! Give me the last year's price I paid for the same product (I'd even do a 3 year subscription) and we can talk, BitDefender!

• Caz21
    Options

Bitdefender are still operating their shoddy auto-renewal practices. Today they auto-renewed my sub for £154 - the email that was sent (just this morning) I had to click on link to confirm auto-renew (which I didn't) but they took payment anyway! No previous reminder emails to say that auto-renew of subscription was imminent. Did online chat with customer support - total waste of time, he didn't seem to be empowered to make any decisions. Sent me links to their 'support' which says you can cancel auto-renew via My Subscriptions/My Payments - doesn't exist! They also state they send out renewal reminders - no they don't! Beyond fuming! Have wasted 2 hours trying to sort this and getting nowhere. I've tried Kottens advice to go via 2Checkout but so far have not received any access link. Customer loyalty - you've got to be joking!

• Caz21
    Options

Bitdefender are still operating their shoddy auto-renewal practices. Today they auto-renewed my sub for £154 - the email that was sent (just this morning) I had to click on link to confirm auto-renew (which I didn't) but they took payment anyway! No previous reminder emails to say that auto-renew of subscription was imminent. Did online chat with customer support - total waste of time, he didn't seem to be empowered to make any decisions. Sent me links to their 'support' which says you can cancel auto-renew via My Subscriptions/My Payments - doesn't exist! They also state they send out renewal reminders - no they don't! Beyond fuming! Have wasted 2 hours trying to sort this and getting nowhere. I've tried Kottens advice to go via 2Checkout but so far have not received any access link. Customer loyalty - you've got to be joking!

• Caz21
    Options