Bitdefender Antivirus: Problems with Windows Applications created through Visual Studio

Hello,

I am trying to create Windows Application through Visual Studio and upon debugging a single form application, the generated exe is quickly detected as a serious malware. I tried every suggestion given online, from adding the icons, to making sure the name is not matching any known malware application online. I even changed from .NET Framework 4 to .NET 5 applications and the problem persists.

In .NET Framework 4, the main exe is detected and in .NET 5, the dll with call details is detected (screenshot attached below) for .NET 4 version.

Every new application I try to create is getting the same detection of the same variant. I can't seem to find a solution since this is not signature based and on Bitdefender engine's false-positive.

Kindly requesting your help. This is hampering development of our products.

Thankyou.

Comments

• You can create exceptions this solved my problem. still very annoying to deal with.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.