Bitdefender Personal CA preventing Chrome from connecting to websites

On my Windows 10 machine, it seems Bitdefender is blocking all websites in Chrome because it is inserting its own certs. All pages error with ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. Edge and Firefox both work without issue and the certs show as the originals when viewed. Looking at the detail in Chrome it shows the cert issued by Bitdefender as you can see in the highlight on the image below.

Would anyone have a workaround? I tried importing the Bitdefender mitm cert into Chrome but it did not resolve the issue.

Comments

• I discovered the same thing. I've attempted removing them, uninstalling & reinstalling, etc... there is no documentation - it is frustrating, so much I may give up on Bitdefender software and use something else

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.