Large memory usage

Recently installed Bitdefender Total Security and bdservicehost frequently consumes most of the memory for multi-minute periods of time. Are there any settings changes one can make to reduct 75+% memory usage?

Comments

• I have a similar problem. Earlier I installed BitDefender on various computers (towers, laptops) and never had a problem. Now with my new HP laptop (Windows 10), where I installed it too, when none of user programs work, I can see that at least 65% of memory is constantly used (1,2 Gb remain out of 4 Gb) . On my former laptop (Asus, Windows 10), only about 35% is used. My disk is often used at the rate of 100%. I suppose that BidDefender is concerned because bdservicehost takes the largest part of the resources (about 250 Mb in Memory, plus 10 Mb for BitDefender Agent, plus 6 Mb for a secund bdservicehost (???), plus 5 Mb for Bitdefender Vpn service, plus various other minor ones. The result is that the computer is very slow and some (Java) applications even crash down. If anybody has an idea to solve the problem... Thanks in advance.