Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojans keep coming back after running RE.

Options

On a previous ticket # 1006837854, which must still be open, but dead, I had requested assistance because the Rescue Environment feature wouldn’t run on Windows 10 and Windows 7. I was eventually able to get it working on Windows 10 but not on Windows 7.

I repeatedly asked under the same ticket ( and never got an answer)  t

1.      How to fix RE on Windows 7, too, because my wife’s computer is on  Windows 7 SP1

2.      Why does the  RE detect Trojans that are not detected by the regular BD scans? I hope they false positives, but I doubt. .

3.      More importantly, the same Trojans keep coming back after each RE cleaning, which points to a serious flaw in your software

4.      I was requested by Andrei H. To submit a BD system log. I did and I was told that the lab didn’t find any malware, yet, when I rerun the RE a few minutes after, there still were Trojans. They keep cropping up each time, in spite of the cleaning.  Why?

Yesterday my system was so unstable, that the Windows Explorer kept freezing and other functionalities stopped working. I was getting messages that different apps couldn’t be started, not even the CMD! A real mess!

Everything went back to normal after doing an Acronis Drive Image recovery. Difficult not to think that it was not because of the Trojans!

Regretfully, I never got an answer to these questions and I begin wondering why I should renew the subscription next year..I must have been dropped by the wayside or left in the cold . .

For your info, here are the Trojans that keep infesting my system. I had already sent the list, but yo seem to have ignored it.

Gen Trojan Heur2.FU.gyo@SHeULG1

Gen TrojanHeur2.FU.gu2@amo@bpbi

Gen Trojan variant.GRAFTOR.2648

Gen Trojan.Heur.FU.euO@ai1twxci

There might be others.

Can I get an answer, once for all?

Thanks

Franco Vivona

Best Answer

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

Thank you @Flexx for pointing this.

@ittiandro, I made sure our Support team contacts you (which they did) and that they are trying to find a resolution.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

Answers