Bitdefender publicity on my desktop

Bitdefender sometimes displays an ad on my desktop. First of all, I would like to know how to block these ads. Then, I would like to let Bitdefender managers know that I bought Bitdefender precisely to avoid this type of intrusion. This advertising policy of displaying ads on my desktop against my will violates every aspect of your mission.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2021

Hello @John245

The Password Manager is the latest multi-platform service available from Bitdefender, that takes the hassle out of managing tens or hundreds of online accounts at the same time with the help of a single master password.

You can manage passwords, online identities, bank safely and operate with sensitive information across devices knowing you're guarded by an end-to-end encryption system.

A tab specially designed for this service should have also been added in your Central account, on the left side column. Best of all, you can also try it 3 months for free.

You can choose the way Bitdefender communicates with you by configuring your preferences in the Central account. Open Bitdefender Central, click on the profile picture and then select "Bitdefender Account". From there, click on the "Data and Privacy" tab and choose "Privacy Preferences". Here you can uncheck the two available boxes and you will no longer receive product insights regarding threats, news and offers.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Open the main window of Bitdefender antivirus -> settings -> general -> "special offers" slider disable

• Hello AlexandruL

Thank you very much for your reply. Especially for the instructions on how to change the way Bitdefender communicates with me. As you can see in the attached document, the option "privacy preferences" is absent. What do I have to do to be able to change the preferences?

Thanks,

• @John245 Try to logout and then acces Bitdefender Central using an incognito window.

If the feature is still not displayed, we'll have a closer look with our engineers.

• Hello,

I used the incognito window, but the result always remains the same and it is impossible to change the configuration as you suggested.

Can I contact your engineers through you? In this way, we will not lose the information contained in our exchanges.

Thank you!

• I am looking into this and I will come back with a response shortly.

Thank you for your patience.