Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

brand new computer with new bitdefender account problem with microsoft edge

Options

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Terry4536 and welcome to the Community!

The link does not seem to return any results on my end.. I would double check the link and try to whitelist it. Some websites can be dangerous, so only sites that you fully trust should be added to this list. To add a safe website to the Exceptions list, select one of the following:

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the Online Threat Prevention pane, click on Settings.

3. Click on Manage exceptions.

4. Click on + Add an Exception.

5. Type in the corresponding field the name of the website or the IP address you want to add to exceptions.

6. Enable the switch next to Online Threat Prevention.

7. Click Save to save the changes and close the window.

You can also submit this link to our technicians for malware analysis by using the form below:

Let us know how it went.

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Sorry for the vague post on my behalf. I get the message below every time that I open up Microsoft edge web browser. I have done everything I can and it still pops up every time I open web browser up.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

This situation is most likely caused by the fact that the website in the notification has an expired certificate.

If you do not visit the website and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to it either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find these steps here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/

Alternatively, you can add an exception for the website in Bitdefender - Protection - Online Threat Prevention - Manage Exceptions, or, from the same area (Online Threat Prevention) - disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action).

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user