Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Password Manager - Chrome browser

Options

I have been trying the trial version of Bitdefender Password Manager. I have decided not to pursue it further & have uninstalled it. However, I am still being asked to log in to my wallet each time I start Chrome. I have turned off everything relevant in the Bitdefender settings, but am still getting this annoying screen each time I start Chrome.

Any ideas on how to stop this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sam Vandegeer

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @samvandegeer and welcome to the Community!

It is necessary to uninstall the Chrome extension.

In the settings menu you can also toggle off Chrome:

Let us know if this was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi, & thank you for your suggestion. In my original post I explained that I had already uninstalled Password Manager, but I am left with a screen which pops up asking me to sign in to Bitdefender Wallet.

I can only think that something went wrong in the uninstall process for Password Manager.

I have re-activated it in order to be able access the menus you suggested. I have ticked the button for "do not ask for wallet password" & also toggled off Chrome, as you suggested.

Any suggestions as to my next step? I will see, in the meantime, whether I get the annoying screen.

Sam Vandegeer

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with the following paid security solutions: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security and Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Let us know if you are still being asked to log in to your Wallet each time Chrome starts.

Cheers.

• Hi,

I've done some more delving, but, in particular, I have noticed that the Wallet login actually shows up about 90 secs after Windows 10 bootup/login BEFORE Chrome is opened.

Even more confusingly, the screen is labeled Password Manager, but it is asking me to login Bitdefender Wallet! (see uploaded JPEG).

It seems to me that it is a problem within Bitdefender itself. I have worked through the settings & Bitdefender Password Manager is off, & in the settings menu for PWM I have hit the "Do not ask me for the master password" button.

Should I un-install Bitdefender Internet Security and re-install?

Thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

In the above settings menu, select the feature "Do not ask me for my master password".

You should no loger be required to enter it afterwards.

Let me know if this helps.

Stay safe.

• Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I had tried this before with no result. I have "bitten the bullet" & un-installed Bitdfender opting not to keep any previous settings, so as to get rid of any spurious settings. I then re-installed it from my Bitdefender Central account. I will have to reset a few firewall settings, but I think I have now resolved the problem.

I have selected "Do not ask me for my master password" in the new installation, & I have not had a recurrence of the annoying screen.

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers,

Sam Vandegeer

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

I am glad to hear a solution was found. Thank you for your confirmation and for sharing the outcome with us.

Best regards.