Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anybody know how to import Passwords from Kasepersky?

Options

I have exported a text file from Kaspersky, renamed it to .csv but am unable to import. Tried different ways but nothing seems to work. Somewhat disappointing as I bought Bitdefender mainly on its reputation and the fact it was advertised as having a good Password product.

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options
    Yes, Kaspersky's inability to export the passwords as a true .csv file but only as a text file is disappointing. Renaming it doesn't change the file format itself, it would have to be converted from text to csv as far as I know, and if Excel would convert it (it can be done) "correctly" for BD to use?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Consumer Support » Bitdefender Password Manager: Frequently Asked Questions

"What’s the difference between Wallet and the new Bitdefender Password Manager?

Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk."

So, if you bought Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security, you have Bitdefender Wallet installed as part of those products, NOT Bitdefender Password Manager which is a standalone application.

Also, as said above, in Wallet you can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format and in Password Manger you can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

It seems that renaming the file extension from let's say .txt to .csv won't do the job about importing data from Kaspersky to Bitdefender Wallet.

Finally, you could try this:
    In Kaspersky Password Manager go to Settings -> Import/Export -> Backup copy -> Create Copy and try to import the data from the created "kpm_vault.edb" file to Bitdefender Wallet.
  • Hi Interesting, I have done exactly the same today.....I removed Kaspersky in favour of Bitdefender......I wasnt aware either that the Password Manager in Total Sercurity was different to that offered as a seperate entity. I too have managed to Migrate Kaspersky's password file into Wallet although I did manage to convert its text file into a csv but it still wouldnt have it. I can probably live with that as I have kept Kaspersky Password manager available at the moment and will transfer manually. The problem I have with wallet is that AUTOFILL is either globally on or off and that within EDIT there is no means to treat URL's individual such that some will AUTOFILL but more sensititive ones will not

• Sorry...meant to say "have not managed"

• Scott
    Options

Same thing I found out. As it was also confirmed here, too.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• PaulDL
    Options

Oh well, at this stage like jchurc1 I shall have to retain Kaspersky Password Manager. Disappointing... Perhaps Bitdefender should clarify these shortcomings inn their advertising to allow purchasers to make informed decisions.

• Scott
    edited March 2022
    Options

That's the same thing I thought about doing as well, but I wanted to give BD's version a try.

Fortunately, I had also used LastPass for many years, so I used that csv back up to give me a head start with Password Manager. Otherwise, I'll have to have my Kaspersky text file as a reference for entering in my info. for the newer websites it/I had saved.

I just didn't research enough before I installed it. I put more of the blame on Kaspersky for making their export file, more proprietary to Kaspersky.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13355/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello everyone,

In regards to the import from Kaspersky, you may check this article we have just released, following our member's requests:

Let us know how it goes.

I'll post a separate thread for it, so that the information is visible to all Community members.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Options

Winner :) :)

Yes, it needed to be converted, and not just renamed. Excellent job Alexandru, and the Bitdefender team...(even though I haven't tried it yet).

• 3Gtech
    edited March 2022
    Options

Import raw Kaspersky txt into bitwarden password manager and then export to csv. No tricks or Python or scripting needed it saves your original password comments too. If you don’t want to keep bitwarden just purge and cancel the free account but I have to admit, of the several paid password managers I have tried, this free one has more functionality than the other ones especially when it comes to importing and exporting in various formats

• tg8888
    Options

I had read that after converting Kaspersky text to csv you want us to load all our passwords into Google Chrome, no way!!!

• Hello @tg8888,

Kindly be advised that, the developers removed this step and the updated procedure will pass through the standard .csv editing method, followed by direct import into Password Manager. The above article has also been updated to reflect this change. Check step 2 - Convert your TXT file exported from Kaspersky to CSV.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user