Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The current Bitdefender version, build number link.

Options

Comments

• Ryuuta87
    Ryuuta87
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi all,

Yes, I also confirm that product update has been pushed to my computer, and the firewall is now enabled. As @gur_helios remarked, no restart is required, but I restarted anyway, and can confirm after restart that the firewall is working correctly.

Thank you bitdefender team for solving this issue promptly.

• gur_helios
    Options

@Scott

That was mere luck. I was just at the right place at the right time. Could have been anyone of us. :)

Uwe

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi friends

I've got the following questions from a new user of Bitdefender called @Tornade. Since I'm also only a basic user of Bitdefender, I put his questions got from him via the messenger down here and maybe one of you can help him fix his problems or clarify his questions.

Greets Uwe

----------

Bonjour,

Je suis un nouvel utilisatur de Bitdefender et j'ai plusieurs questions sur le fonctionnement du logiciel.

1- Si vous avez des réponses de quel manière je vais en être avisé?

2- Pourquoi quand je me connecte avec mon mot de passe principal il m'envoie un courriel avec une alerte de n'a aucun rapport avec ma localisation actuel, je suis au Canada au Québec et il me ceci:

Cette tentative de connexion a eu lieu le: Appareil: Chrome 116.0.0.0, Windows 10

Date: 23 août 2023 19:01 UTC

Localisation approximative: Clapham, United Kingdom, 82.16.117.139

3- J'ai 6 appareils de connectés sur un total de 10 possibles. 4 sur Windows 10 et 2 téléphones sur Android. Le VPN refuse de se connecter sur un de mes ordinateurs même si il est configurer en automatique. Je vois qu'il fait des tentatives car l'écran passe au vert intermittent et quand il a terminé sa séquence c'est indiqué: erreur 300 inconnu. Au début il se connectait comme les autres tout a changé après la dernière mise à jour. Je l'ai désinstallé et reinstallé sans succès.

4- Pourquoi le logiciel me refuse certain site que j'utilisais régulièrement auparavant sans problème?

Merci à l'avance de votre aide.

----------

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @gur_helios

I'm more of a basic user myself, and when someone is talking about a 10-device subscription scattered among 6 different devices, that is beyond me.

As far as question #4, if it's regarding the VPN, they may need to try a different server or add the site to Split tunneling in the Settings, as some sites are blocking the use of a VPN when they detect it.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• gur_helios
    Options

Hi @Scott

I'm also a little bit... let's say "swamped". But maybe anybody else can help him.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

I am still not able to figure out the user questions properly even after using google translator 😅

Maybe @Alexandru_BD,@Mike_BD can have a look into this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Options

lol...that's partly why I was only able to guess? at question #4 😅

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

It's a tricky one and more information is required in order to provide straight answers for the user's questions.

Regarding the 2nd question, it is unclear to me if they are using an active VPN connection when receiving that alert.

Whenever there are situations related to VPN that cannot be fixed after applying the steps suggested in the relevant support article, we need to know exactly the answers below (depending on the situation, of course) for a more efficient diagnosis:

1. The OS on which the vpn is running;

2. Central account e-mail address;

3. For functionality issues while the vpn is connected, whether the problem occurs on a specific location or all locations;

4. VPN Server IP - displayed in the VPN interface (even if the issue occurs on multiple/all servers, we need at least one example);

5. If using standalone VPN or VPN in BMS;

6. Whether the problem occurs only on mobile data or only on wifi or present on both. Preferably try multiple networks;

7. App version.

My recommendation would be for the user to contact the Technical Support teams to sort this out, and provide the engineers with the above information in advance, so they can start troubleshooting in a timely fashion.

As for the websites that can no longer be accessed after the recent update, first it must be determined what module is blocking them and why, so they will have to temporarily disable each module (I'm placing my bets on Firewall or OTP) and take it from there, add exceptions if necessary, or find out if this has something to do with expired/invalid certificates of those websites, or even FP scenarios. As you can see, there are plenty of variables here and I don't think we'll be able to resolve this on the forum, unfortunately..

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• gur_helios
    Options

Hi guys

I've just got an update to build 27.0.18.96. A restart was required. 😀

Greetings Uwe

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@gur_helios

I also just got the latest build update. A restart was required. 😀

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

I just got the latest build:

NOTE: For me, a device restart was required for the changes to take effect.

Regards.

• Scott
    Options

Thanks @Gjoksi

The most recent version of Bitdefender has the build number 27.0.20.102 and was released on September 18, 2023. It includes the following notable changes:

✔️ Enhancement: Bitdefender Password Manager now includes full support for the Safepay browser.

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

NOTE: For me, a device restart was NOT required for the changes to take effect.

Regards.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I've just got an update to build 27.0.20.106. A restart was required. 😀

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, 27.0.20.106 is a minor update and it has to do with a rollback to a previous version for the Password Manager extension for Safepay, to enhance stability.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Many thanks for the clarification, Alex. :-)

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

Regards.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi guys

I got the update this noon (CET).

A device restart was required to activate the changes.

• Flexx
    Options

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello everyone

I submitted a file last Friday which Bitdefender recognized as a false positive. The 72 hour response time has now passed and Bitdefender still recognizes the file as a false positive.

The file is called WingetUI.exe and can be found under the following link (in the packed file version 2.1.2 beta 1):

https://github.com/marticliment/WingetUI/releases

Should I wait until the Bitdefender response team reacts or should I send the file to Bitdefender again for checking? What do you recommend?

Greetings Uwe

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @gur_helios,

You should wait until the Bitdefender Labs conclude their analysis. Based on my findings, this is not currently blocked by our engines. Can you check again, please?

Thanks and best regards,

Alex

• Flexx
    Options

The file does not seem to be detected by Bitdefender anymore. Kindly ensure that you have updated your malware database

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/7784bb541d84ee048dbb8a137069edb1676a37e076032ce1e494b34264fbcbd9

Regards

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yes, the malware database is up-to-date (as usual).

And yes I know, on Virustotal, the file is not recognized as a malware. I checked this first last week.

But Bitdefender (local app) still flags WingetUI.exe as a generic virus as you see below. I've created an expection for the file.

By the way... WingetUI 2.1.1 is not recognized as a malware (https://github.com/marticliment/WingetUI/releases/tag/2.1.1)

• Flexx
    Options

If you believe that a website or file has been incorrectly blocked by Bitdefender, you can share the details with our malware researchers by filling out the form at the link provided below: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/

If the website or file is indeed incorrectly blocked, the detection will be removed within a maximum of 72 hours. However, if the detection still persists after 72 hours, please consider the website or file as malicious, as determined by our malware researchers, and the detection will remain.

Regards 

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Flexx

I already submitted the file and the link of its orgin last Friday, but I haven't got an answer or something like that by now.

I will try out later if the malware database has been updated and the file is not flagged as a malware anymore 'cause Virustotal also says it's not a malware.

Greetings, Uwe

PS: A system scan shows no other viruses or malware on my computer.

• Flexx
    Options

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I've just submitted the file and the source of it again, but this time I got an email feedback saying that it can take up to the usual 72 hours to analyze the file and update the malware database. 😉

Somehow strange... I didn't get a feedback by email last Friday. 😏

So, let's abide if something's gonna change. I'm in good spirits. 😊

Best regards, Uwe

• Flexx
    Options

The maximum timeframe is 72 hours. You will not receive an email update, but you can update the database after 72 hours to see if the file is still detected. Additionally, you can send a private message to @Alexandru_BD with the file's hash, which you can obtain by uploading the file to VirusTotal. He can then share it directly with malware researchers.

Regards

• gur_helios
    Options

Thanks for the explanation. My database is always up-to-date 'cause it is updated hourly.

I will check the file tomorrow with the latest malware database again if anything has already changed.

Alright, it's time for me to go to bed. Was a long day. Wishing you also a good night. Till then, Uwe 😴

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello everyone

Short feedback. Hurray... the file wingetui.exe is not flagged as a generic virus anymore. 🤗

Best wishes, Uwe

• Flexx
    Options

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi everyone

I just got Bitdefender version 27.0.25.116. 😀

A restart was NOT required to install the new version.

Best wishes, Uwe 🤗

• Gjoksi
    Options

@gur_helios

Hello.

When i saw that you are online, i just knew that you will inform us about the new update you've just received.

😁😁

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

Regards.

• I have not received the 27.0.27.126 version update yet

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Normally, this happens because updates are delivered gradually to customers :)

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello.

I just got the latest feature Email Protection:

The build remains the same 27.0.27.129 and device restart is NOT required.

Regards.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

Hello together

I just got the latest build of Bitdefender.

A restart was not required.

Following question. When Bitdefender is updated without a required restart, is the system vulnerable (for some seconds) while updating the new files? Wouldn't it be better if a restart was always required to avoid preceding scenario?

Addendum: I forgot that even if a restart is required, the system is prone to attacks for some seconds while updating the files. The safest solution was if the files were only updated while rebooting the system.

@Gjoksi How did you get the updated GUI with the "Email Protection"?

Greetings Uwe

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @gur_helios,

Some modules are turned off for a very short time while the patch is being applied. Bitdefender has many systems that back up each other and provide protection.

By design, the developers would not make an update system that would leave customers vulnerable in any way. 🙂

In newer versions of Windows, shut down or sleep is no longer equal to restart, due to performance considerations of the operating system. So unless the user explicitly restarts the system, he would no longer be able to replace the update files as he used to do before - that's about what was wrong with deferring service restarts until the machine is restarted the way they used to be. That's why this flow appeared, so that we can allow updates to be carried out when necessary and ensure the devices are restarted properly.

This means that Windows will give the user a message that he is no longer protected in the few seconds that Bitdefender services stop and start. It is important, however, that the user sees this pop-up from Bitdefender before seeing the message from Windows, because otherwise it will seem like there is a problem with the antivirus, so that's why it is necessary to focus on this notification and the restart.

Email Protection is a premium feature that comes with the following subscription plans:

I hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Alex

• Gjoksi
    Options

@gur_helios

Hello.

I did nothing to get the Email Protection feature.

One day, i was working on my laptop (checking Lord @Alexandru_BD's, who is a member of Bitdefender's House of Lords, comments here for grammar and/or other mistakes, to be more precise 😁😀) and suddenly a pop-up message from Bitdefender appeared on my screen, saying that i got Email Protection and there were some explanations about the feature in that message.

And that is why i wrote that the build remained the same 27.0.27.129 and device restart was NOT required.

Regards,

Sir Gjoksi

• Ryuuta87
    Options

Hi all,

I also just got the latest build of Bitdefender (27.0.27.130).

@Alexandru_BD, if I may, I have a suggestion regarding how the program update is carried. When I got the latest build, I was in the middle of using Safepay, and it forced close the Safepay, almost gave me a jumpscare. Luckily nothing bad happened during that event. My suggestion is, when Bitdefender is doing program update, if users are using one of its features (e.g. Safepay), can it give warning to the users that update is underway or something like that, so users are aware? Or maybe, can the update be postponed at least until the users finish using Safepay?

Thanks.

• gur_helios
    Options

Hi folks

Thank you very much for your profound explanations. It's all clear now. 😊 And good to hear that. 🥳

Greetings Uwe 🤗

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Ryuuta87,

So the Safepay window closed automatically during the update without prior notice? This is the first time I'm hearing this, probably because an update never caught me with the Safepay window open, so that's new for me. I'll ask around and see if this is the expected behavior.

Thanks,

Alex

• Ryuuta87
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD,

Indeed in my case, Safepay window closed automatically during update without notice. At first, I thought Safepay crashed, but then I noticed that the Bitdefender program update was in place. This is also the first time I experienced it, so it kind of surprising for me.

Thanks for responding, and I will look forward to hear back from you.

Regards,

Ryuuta87

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 8
    Options

@Ryuuta87

So, all Bitdefender processes close when updating, however, you are right that there should be a warning popup if Safepay is actively being used at that moment. Therefore, the developers will have a look at a mechanism by which this can be achieved.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is much appreciated!

Regards,

Alex

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    Options

Hello together

I just got the latest build 27.0.30.135 of Bitdefender introducing a "Cryptomining Protection" module.

I system restart was required for the changes to take effect.

Regards