Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocks Xbox Multiplayer

Options

It started today. Anyone else having this issue?

The issue goes away when I disable Bitdefender Firewall.

Tagged:

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Taggg,

In this case, re-activate and set Bitdefender Firewall to the recommended settings.

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

Does the XBOX connect to the internet at all?

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Taggg
    Options

Thanks for the reply, @Alexandru_BD. I do not own an Xbox. This post is about Xbox Multiplayer on Windows 11. At any rate, I have decided to use simplewall instead as there are too many issues with Bitdefender Firewall:

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Taggg,

Thanks for pointing out the two Firewall threads, they must have slipped somehow. Yes, the alert mode popup will reveal where the application is, but that only opens the folder and does not select the application, which can make it difficult to find, especially in folders with many files. The path is truncated if it's too long and you can't see the name of the .exe in the popup. Going forward, I have noted your valuable feedback and will forward it to our development teams in the next feedback sprint for analysis.

In regards to the Firewall blocking multiplayer, I would advise you to get in touch with the Technical Teams, so they can further advise and find out what is the issue here.

You can contact our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user