Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What are the recommended default preferences for BitDefender Antivirus

Options

Hello Community,

I just installed BD and so far so good! In the Antivirus section under preferences, should I have the "scan only new and modified files" turned on, and also check the "disable this setting for custom and drag & drop scanning". Finally the "Don't scan content in backups", should that also be on? Here's a screenshot of what I see, and I'm not sure if these were the default recommended settings:

Thank you!

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Shazam and welcome to the Community!

The Bitdefender Shield is the real-time protection feature included in our security software, provides continuous protection against a wide range of malware threats by scanning all accessed files and e-mail messages. The default real-time protection settings ensure good protection against malware, with a minor impact on system performance. Bitdefender will, for example, scan a Word document for known threats when you open it, and an e-mail message when you receive one. Therefore, the setting you have is correct and enabled by default.

By scanning only new and modified files, you may greatly improve overall system responsiveness with a minimum trade-off in security, thus it is recommended to have this option enabled.

As for the backup content, as per the description, it is safe to exclude your backups from scanning.

Best regards and enjoy your Bitdefender product.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user