safepay and password

I am new to Bitdefender Total Security

when i open safepay to operate with online banking or online payment, there isn't no manner to insert automatically username and password to login.

I have noticed, there is only a manner to insert username and password with virtual keyboard or keyboard.

For now i have added links in VPN so when i have necessity to login they open automatically home banking links with vpn

Answers

• Hello @tonino1803,

The Wallet is integrated into Bitdefender Safepay™ to secure your credentials whenever you want to access private online locations.

You can use the Wallet and configure the Autofill settings:

1. Click Privacy on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the Wallet panel, click Settings.

3. In the Settings window, scroll to the Autofill settings tab.

4. Configure the following options:

● Configure how the Wallet secures your credentials:

● Save credentials automatically in Wallet - the login credentials and other identifiable information such as your personal and credit card details are automatically saved and updated into the Wallet.

● Ask me every time - you will be asked every time if you want to add your credentials to the Wallet.

● Do not save, I will update the information manually - the credentials can be added only manually into the Wallet.

● Autofill login credentials: ● Autofill login credentials every time - the credentials are inserted automatically into the browser.

● Autofill forms: Prompt my fill options when I visit a page with forms - a popup with the fill options will appear every time Bitdefender detects that you want to perform an online payment or to sign up.

For more information regarding the Wallet and Safepay, refer to (p. 123) from the userguide here.

I hope the information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• thanks for your reply,

I haven't wallet panel, on the Bitdefender interface. Some days ago, after an update, Total security with a popup asked if i wanted transfer passwords stored in wallet in password manager.

however i had noticed that wallet with safepay didn't login, with account stored.

waiting that password manager work well in safepay.

my build is 26.0.14.65

• Hello,

Yes that is correct, you would receive a pop up to transfer the passwords stored in the Wallet to the new Password Manager. But the Password Manager is not compatible with Safepay. Here are the main differences:

The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Best regards.

• thank you

Ps. off topic

hoping that password manager in early future can be integrated well also with app in android

Best regards

• Hi,

As the newborn Password Manager is at the beginning of its journey in our portfolio, we’re constantly improving our product to make it easier to use and more updates are scheduled to be implemented in 2022. I am also looking forward to see what the developers have in store and I am confident they will meet our expectations, if not exceed them with the upcoming releases.

Best regards.

• I hope Password Manager will be soon integrated into SafePay. But you should also allow to login via Windows Hello.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

@Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD

Since Bitdefender Ultimate and Premium Security include Password Manager, when a person opens Safepay, is there an icon on the top right side that has a PM logo, compared with the lower tier versions that have the Wallet icon and use Wallet in Safepay?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hi @Scott,

For Password Manager, the development teams have not yet started to work on Safepay integration and it's hard to tell at this point if an integration is even possible. They need to assess what it entails in terms of resources and technical limitations. But as soon as I hear news, I'll let everyone know.

With the latest update, the Wallet button should no longer be displayed when using Safepay with Premium or Ultimate Security. Of course, the Wallet icon will still be available in Safepay for the other Home User solutions that do not include the Password Manager.

Cheers